New here, interested in performance mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averyedwards33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for some time now and figured I would join. I have had a 2015 silver Tahoe LTZ with ~52000 miles for just over a year.

Everyone here seems very knowledgable and helpful, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm pretty close to bare-bones stock, minus an audio system upgrade (subwoofer+amp) and am looking to improve performance.

After doing some looking around, I'm interested in a Gibson dual rear exit exhaust, exhaust headers (possibly), and a cold air intake.

What else is there to do? I'm not super keen on voiding factory warranty, but feel free to include anything you can think of (suspension + brake upgrades, etc.).

Thank you so much! Really excited to join.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Avery!!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Welcome! I think it sounds like you are headed in the right direction. If it's performance you want, I would do...
1. Intake, 2. Exhaust, 3. Black bear tune.
This will wake that baby up. It will be fun to drive and the tune will take advantage of your intake /exhaust.

From there, if you want to get more... It's headers and a cam. Black bear will retune you for life for free. Can't beat that.

Keep us up on your progress!

OP
OP
A

averyedwards33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! I think it sounds like you are headed in the right direction. If it's performance you want, I would do...
1. Intake, 2. Exhaust, 3. Black bear tune.
This will wake that baby up. It will be fun to drive and the tune will take advantage of your intake /exhaust.

From there, if you want to get more... It's headers and a cam. Black bear will retune you for life for free. Can't beat that.

Keep us up on your progress!
Appreciate the advice! I know I stated which exhaust I was planning on getting, but how about the cold air intake? Which brand/model would I benefit most from in performance? I'm not on the biggest budget, just btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01