New headlights for 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpierce123X

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello:

I have a 07 Tahoe and the headlights are starting to yellow. So, I am looking at replacing both of the headlight housing, bulbs, etc.

I would like to replace them with the newer style lights, like the newer models now have. I have just begun looking around and honestly not sure about some of the terms; such as Projection, LED, etc.

I see sets on eBay and Amazon for about $200 per set. My question is; is there additional hardware or other items I will need to purchase in order to get these install. I realize that a $100 headlight won’t be top of the line. But, my car 11 years old.

Also, if I do get new headlights, will they need to be leveled or anything else?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KP

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See my signature...2007 Avalanche. I added the Spyder Chrome headlights ($275) plus replaced all bulbs with 8000K. Primary headlights are HIDs, but you don't have to go that route. You can just use regular bulbs. Daytime runners and turn signals are LEDs. All done for $350.

I didn't need ANY additional hardware. The Spyder's came with everything needed (yes, bulbs too). You just use the harness from your stock headlights and that's it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
See my signature...2007 Avalanche. I added the Spyder Chrome headlights ($275) plus replaced all bulbs with 8000K. Primary headlights are HIDs, but you don't have to go that route. You can just use regular bulbs. Daytime runners and turn signals are LEDs. All done for $350.

I didn't need ANY additional hardware. The Spyder's came with everything needed (yes, bulbs too). You just use the harness from your stock headlights and that's it.

Any output shots, like against a wall, of the HIDs in those projectors?

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my headlights out yesterday to put some led bulbs in, only to find out they hung out too far and hit the core support. Also this had to be the most screws I've ever removed to change a bulb. 28 in total I believe.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my headlights out yesterday to put some led bulbs in, only to find out they hung out too far and hit the core support. Also this had to be the most screws I've ever removed to change a bulb. 28 in total I believe.

Did you change the main H13 bulb to LED? Not sure if you meant that. If you did, that's not only illegal, but the light output sucks even worse than it already did.

Everyone just needs to do it right and do it like this. Hands down.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/new-bfc-retrofit-headlamps-installed.89909/

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts