New Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my NAV unit for a single DIN Pioneer unit. The NAV unit works fine, but never used the navigation feature. I just wanted a little more technology the new units provide. I'll probably try to sell the old unit on eBay and see if there are any takers.

The only issue I have is the blaring message from OnStar saying "Phone Unavailable". I've tried everything to lower it and ended up temporarily pulling the info fuse, but that also disables my rear entertainment. I contacted the manf. the adapter came from and they suggested disconnecting the OnStar module, but my searches have come up empty on where to find it on my model. If anybody knows where to find it, please let me know.

old.jpg new.jpg

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRc the onstar module is behind the glovebox. Pretty simple to check, open the box, pull the side in to get past the tab. I think it's right behind there.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked behind the glovebox, but I only see the XM Module. Any place else it could be?

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0464.JPG
Check a little above it, behind the airbag.

Is this it? If so, should I just disconnect then all? One wire looks like an antenna.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. I'm guessing one wire is from the steering wheel. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know what I find out. I need to put the INFO fuse back in first.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was it. When I unplugged both harnesses the radio stopped working. I plugged one of them back in and the radio came back on, but the annoying OnStar phone unavailable message went away. I really appreciate the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic