new guy here looking for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a look at a 2007 Yukon slt with 126k miles and so I would like to know what to look out for while I'm checking it out. I won't have access to a jack or lift and owner says only thing it could uses is a ball joint and alignment. I'll also be driving the car home 2+ hours. I do have basic common sense when it comes to cars but this will be my first time actually going to see one

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that but I was looking for something a little more year/mileage specific

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the oil before you start it, check trans fluid before you start it and give it look smell then again after its up to running temp and cycled through the gears, it shouldnt be black or smell burnt. If 4wd run it through all ranges auto and 4 hi while you are driving straight down the road and listen to it, you should hear a little drone but nothing loud or screaming, slow diwn to 5 mph put truck in neutral and swap to 4low and listen again, no turns on dry pvmt but if you can get on gravel or wet grass give it a try. Check dash crack, door handles(inside and out) windows up down, hatch up down, hatch glass up down. Try all options... heated seats, radio climate control. Get into the dic and check engine hrs and all of tgat. Good luck

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to see the Yukon today and It wasn't what I expected. the owner said all it needed was a ball joint but the cluster had probably every single light on possible and swears the car runs fine. he tried to tell me the Yukon was a Denali and had a 6.2 when it obviously didn't, started to ask me weird questions like if I knew anything about cars. in the end I didn't get it. I got the feeling he was trying to pull a fast one on someone that didn't know better

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the oil before you start it, check trans fluid before you start it and give it look smell then again after its up to running temp and cycled through the gears, it shouldnt be black or smell burnt. If 4wd run it through all ranges auto and 4 hi while you are driving straight down the road and listen to it, you should hear a little drone but nothing loud or screaming, slow diwn to 5 mph put truck in neutral and swap to 4low and listen again, no turns on dry pvmt but if you can get on gravel or wet grass give it a try. Check dash crack, door handles(inside and out) windows up down, hatch up down, hatch glass up down. Try all options... heated seats, radio climate control. Get into the dic and check engine hrs and all of tgat. Good luck
one thing I noticed was that the Yukon had 126k miles but only 41 hours in the engine

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
went to see the Yukon today and It wasn't what I expected. the owner said all it needed was a ball joint but the cluster had probably every single light on possible and swears the car runs fine. he tried to tell me the Yukon was a Denali and had a 6.2 when it obviously didn't, started to ask me weird questions like if I knew anything about cars. in the end I didn't get it. I got the feeling he was trying to pull a fast one on someone that didn't know better

He probably would have been speechless if you asked for service records and asked to take it to a independent mechanic or dealership to have it checked out thoroughly..Someone is going to get hosed with his 207 Yukon..I really hate to see that happen to good hardworking people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63