new guy from whidbey island washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sloppybuilt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hows it going guys! its been a while since I was a part of any car forum. ill start with a brief intro. my name is carlos, currently in the navy as an aviation mechanic been in about 7 years. this is my second GM I've had imports all my life and made the switch to a 2005 CTS-V, recently sold that due to having a baby and wanted something a bit bigger so I picked up a 2002 Tahoe LT 4x4.

I don't have many pictures of the Tahoe yet as she is under the knife. My plans for the Tahoe are to boost the 5.3 here very soon. coming from a Cadillac though I have also been trying to get her back to looking a little luxurious yet sporty.

I picked it up march 25th of this year. so far I have pulled motor tore it down and regasketed and sealed everything. ordered 7875 turbo kit, pac1218 valve springs, walbro 400 fuel pump and will be ordering cam soon. looking to hopefully make 600whp.

I look forward to learning from you all here, I have already been doing lots of research on the suspension thread looking into what drop kit I wanna do.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Carlos!! Thank you for your service.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
hows it going guys! its been a while since I was a part of any car forum. ill start with a brief intro. my name is carlos, currently in the navy as an aviation mechanic been in about 7 years. this is my second GM I've had imports all my life and made the switch to a 2005 CTS-V, recently sold that due to having a baby and wanted something a bit bigger so I picked up a 2002 Tahoe LT 4x4.

I don't have many pictures of the Tahoe yet as she is under the knife. My plans for the Tahoe are to boost the 5.3 here very soon. coming from a Cadillac though I have also been trying to get her back to looking a little luxurious yet sporty.

I picked it up march 25th of this year. so far I have pulled motor tore it down and regasketed and sealed everything. ordered 7875 turbo kit, pac1218 valve springs, walbro 400 fuel pump and will be ordering cam soon. looking to hopefully make 600whp.

I look forward to learning from you all here, I have already been doing lots of research on the suspension thread looking into what drop kit I wanna do.
Thank you for your service Carlos:patriot:. I love these kinds of projects! Welcome.

MSgt Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Shipmate! Sounds loco me you have a good plan for it. And congrats on the baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224