New Fuel Pump Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sending sensor for my 2005 Suburban is bad. Everything I've read has indicated that I should replace the pump when the sensor is replaced -- the pump has to be removed to replace the sensor. Going forward, I am not planning on adding a bunch of power to my system, but would leave my options open.

That said, which pump should I get?

I'm thinking I want to get a Flex Fuel pump (AFAIK, I do *not* have a Flex Fuel engine), because 1) it potentially puts out more fuel and 2) it will be more resilient to the alcohol in normal gas.

Can you please offer any suggestions you have, or experiences you have with various pumps?

Thanks.

RaiderRodney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother-in-law that was a GM tech for years suggested I go with a Delphi when mine went out last fall. I've also heard others say go with either AC Delco or Delphi. Interesting hypothesis on the Flex Fuel pump being more resilient...interested in hearing others opinions on this.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it is only the sensor that is out at the moment, it is only an annoyance. So I am taking my time to decide what to get.

If no one has opinions on this, does anyone have suggestions where I can get informed opinions? I don't mind spending a little coin, but I want to be actually getting something for my money, versus just throwing it out the window. And I'm avoiding getting an OEM because I have heard that the OEM is a common failure point on these vehicles; admittedly, this one got over 100k miles...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nortonte