New from VA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys and your east coast traffic! Ain't got nothin to complain about until you have to deal with southern California traffic, mainly Los Angeles traffic! Ha. It's 100 times worse! Welcome from socal!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys and your east coast traffic! Ain't got nothin to complain about until you have to deal with southern California traffic, mainly Los Angeles traffic! Ha. It's 100 times worse! Welcome from socal!

I've been in your traffic and it's bad, the DC area has held the record for the last few years. 476 in PA is no piece of cake either It sucks, either way.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, welcome to the forum from Georgia Dawg country. Great that you got one from the Sheriffs Department. Nice country there, I was there when they opened Woodward Wilson Bridge for the 1st time.
Jump in often an post some pics soon. Good luck,
David g..........:)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, twice a year to see customers. Agree it's no picnic.
I grew up in rockland county, about 20-25 min north of the bronx/nyc line... my father was FDNY and he tells the story about putting a deposit on a house on long island when my mom and him were first married, on the way to the closing he sat in traffic and turned around and lost the deposit....and that was in the late 60's. he tells it often enough that I believe its true and to this day I despise going out there..

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol
I lived on Long Island for ten years as a kid, then moved away. Still have many fond memories. Funny thing is, I meet lots of people from Long Island since moving away, and when I say to them that I grew up there and haven't been back in a long time, they almost always say, "You're not missing much."
:eek:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up in rockland county, about 20-25 min north of the bronx/nyc line... my father was FDNY and he tells the story about putting a deposit on a house on long island when my mom and him were first married, on the way to the closing he sat in traffic and turned around and lost the deposit....and that was in the late 60's. he tells it often enough that I believe its true and to this day I despise going out there..

I believe it. I live in Loudon County, Va and they are still building thousands of homes and the roads just can't handle all the traffic. It seems the construction never stops. There are days when the rush hour never stops. You can't throw a dead cat and not hit somebody texting and driving. I can't wait until the day we can move. We do have some good schools and hospitals. Fairfax Conunty has the biggest bussing system in the country.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it. I live in Loudon County, Va and they are still building thousands of homes and the roads just can't handle all the traffic. It seems the construction never stops. There are days when the rush hour never stops. You can't throw a dead cat and not hit somebody texting and driving. I can't wait until the day we can move. We do have some goodbye schools and hospitals. Fairfax Conunty has the biggest bussing system in the country.

It's crazy how dumb and dangerous people can be relative to driving habits in NoVA. I daydream about relocating all the time. My youngest is in high school, so who knows....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh