New from Pittsburgh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
New member to forum from Pittsburgh, PA. Recently purchased 2011 GMC Yukon SLT with 153,000 miles! I bought the vehicle to because I have 2 kids in car seats and could not be happier!

I'm really impressed with the comfortable ride this truck offers due to the amount of miles it has!

Truck didn't come w/o minor issues, which is to be expected given age:

- Need to replace washer fluid sensor
- Back passenger door sticks when attempting to open from outside

Any advise on what services I should have performed given mileage/age would be greatly appreciated! Want to keep this truck well over 200,000k! With limited amount of commute my life requires, should not be an issue!

MSgt Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, got pics? Are you able to get the service records? Complete fluid change would be where I would start.

Brake fluid
Diff fluid
Transmission fluid
Oil
Antifreeze (change radiator hoses and thermostat)

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Matt!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome,all fluids should be flushed/changed, and spark plugs/wires if they haven't been done, check your suspension components for wear/tear, like tie rods, struts and shocks, wheel hubs. brake pads. that's about the jist of it, anything else is "other" maintenance like your sticky door, wiper blades, bulbs, etc.

OP
OP
Matt81

Matt81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, got pics? Are you able to get the service records? Complete fluid change would be where I would start.

Brake fluid
Diff fluid
Transmission fluid
Oil
Antifreeze (change radiator hoses and thermostat)
Service records are limited. From info I have gathered, the vehicle has received routine oil changes and maintenance. I am unaware of what, if anything that has been performed after 130,000k.
I wrote down the items you suggested, as well as another member on the thread who suggested spark plugs etc. My plan is to have all suggested work performed for piece of mind. Im interested to learn what is needed to gather a better understanding of how vehicle was maintained.
I will post more pics soon!
I don’t have any plans to alter anything anything on truck except the grill and wheels.
Appreciate the feed back! Love the pics of everyone’s vehicles!
- Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts