New Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KonXL

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on a new muffler. I've been wanting to dump the stock muffler and replace it with an aftermarket. I once had a flowmaster original 40 series on a different truck. But now I would like something a little more quieter but better than stock any ideas? What do you guys think about magnaflow, spintech, or going with a glasspack?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of ones that i have heard or seen vids as of late:
magnaflow, corsa, black widow, carven

are all nice

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on a new muffler. I've been wanting to dump the stock muffler and replace it with an aftermarket. I once had a flowmaster original 40 series on a different truck. But now I would like something a little more quieter but better than stock any ideas? What do you guys think about magnaflow, spintech, or going with a glasspack?
I was gonna make a thread just like this. I want a little more aggressive tone, but not loud....I must be getting old.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen videos on YouTube sounds good. What do you think about glasspacks instead of chambered muffler

Glasspacks if memory serves, were loud and raspy. Not sure how they would sound from the inside, but from a GM G-Body or F-Body of the 1970s and 1980s they were quite noisy.

Back in those days I dumped the 2 and 3 chamber mufflers and went with a Flowmaster 80 Series crossflow, putting the noise and drone behind the rear axle and away from the passenger compartment. It was plenty good up to 500hp or so too.

OP
OP
K

KonXL

Reaction score
Glasspacks if memory serves, were loud and raspy. Not sure how they would sound from the inside, but from a GM G-Body or F-Body of the 1970s and 1980s they were quite noisy.

Back in those days I dumped the 2 and 3 chamber mufflers and went with a Flowmaster 80 Series crossflow, putting the noise and drone behind the rear axle and away from the passenger compartment. It was plenty good up to 500hp or so too.

I hear you, I just want to give another brand a try cause like i said i had a flowmaster before and theyre good but time for something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts