New Denali vs CPO Escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PivotalRex

Reaction score
Can get either for same price 65K.
Deciding between a '17 Denali vs '16 CPO Escalade (4300 miles) - actually concerned about the low miles but it is a CPO.

Okay, coming out of an Acura MDX. It has the led headlights and it's sad that this is the best part of the suv for me. transmission lacks refinement.

How would you say the Denali's headlights are?
Has anyone changed the bulbs out for something more white? (5 or 6000k)

Prefer the Denali Center stack and front grill
Prefer the Caddy led headlights to Denali
360 surround camera
side view mirrors (but this point is moot since I know I can retrofit the esky mirrors to the Denali)

Opinions?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can get either for same price 65K.
Deciding between a '17 Denali vs '16 CPO Escalade (4300 miles) - actually concerned about the low miles but it is a CPO.

Okay, coming out of an Acura MDX. It has the led headlights and it's sad that this is the best part of the suv for me. transmission lacks refinement.

How would you say the Denali's headlights are?
Has anyone changed the bulbs out for something more white? (5 or 6000k)

Prefer the Denali Center stack and front grill
Prefer the Caddy led headlights to Denali
360 surround camera
side view mirrors (but this point is moot since I know I can retrofit the esky mirrors to the Denali)

Opinions?

IMO...The Denali, overall, is more of a 'sleeper' which I like. Esky is too loud/gaudy for me. HID lights are great on the denali and seem pretty white to me. Never had an issue with the side mirrors but I dont tow so non issue I guess. 360 camera would be a nice addition for sure.

Get whichever one you like the most but I would whip that Esky hard (over 80MPH for an extended period) and lots of 20-40MPH around town (broken pavement/dirt if possible) to ensure there arent any of the booming/vibration gremlins that someone just got sick of and dumped.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the interior of the Escalade by a long shot. It really comes down to the looks of it all and which you like looking at better.

I believe the Cadillac has a better warranty.

How are the options? 22s, power running boards, DVD, colors?

Can't go wrong with either.. unless one has the booming/vibration. Make sure to extensively test drive before signing papers.

Also check the service records of the Escalade. Was it already problematic? 4k miles is new, but not too new to already piss the previous owner off with a bunch of grimlins and other issues.

OP
OP
P

PivotalRex

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Turns out the caddy dealer can't get their story straight as to why the low mileage over almost 10 months of ownership (car fax is good for something sometimes). At first I was told the owner passed away. Next I was told they bought a '17 during the 0% 72 month event.

I know some owners are finicky and may have just wanted a new truck but something feels off. Especially since the dealer is the same one that sold the truck the first time.

Time to work on the Denali

MTVP

Reaction score
The interior on the Escalade is (not pickup based) . The Esky is by far more lux . The blade tail lights and mirrors. There must be a reason Chevy and GMC owners want to retrofit them on their rigs. A better, longer warranty and service treatment. All these things and more played a part in my buying the Esky Premium.
It now has 13 K on the clock for a 2017. It's been all over the country. No mechanical issues with it. I have had two quality ones though. A scratch in the the cup holder door face. it came from the frame on the underside of it making contact. A gap from the top of the leather IP to the center stack. Just above the glove box door button on the passenger side. Dealer said the glue failed and they replaced it. As always it's your money ,your call.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts