New BFC retrofit headlamps installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdhawk

Reaction score
No, the second battery has nothing to do with these. HOWEVER, that being said, it DOES give you an option to switch sides, just in case one stock light ouput harness doesn't work for whatever reason. If it doesn't, you can simply switch to the other stock light output harness on the other side of the truck, because you have batteries on either side (left or right). Your HID harness can get power from either side.
I just looked them up. The 5k seems to be the most popular. Will they melt my factory housing or do you need something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked them up. The 5k seems to be the most popular. Will they melt my factory housing or do you need something else?

I don't think they will, but I had mine built by Blackflame Customs. I'd recommend you reaching out to them so they can hook you up with a good set, unless you want to build on your own.

mdhawk

Reaction score
I don't think they will, but I had mine built by Blackflame Customs. I'd recommend you reaching out to them so they can hook you up with a good set, unless you want to build on your own.
I will do that. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will do that. Thanks for the info!

Sure thing!

Something else I noticed from your previous post. It's critical that you do NOT attempt to put HID bulbs into your current set. Not only is it illegal, but you'll be blinding other drivers and making things worse for yourself. The halogen housings were never made to project the beams from HID bulbs; they were made for halogen only, so you'll actually be getting worse light output. A complete retrofit is what you'll be needing.

mdhawk

Reaction score
Sure thing!

Something else I noticed from your previous post. It's critical that you do NOT attempt to put HID bulbs into your current set. Not only is it illegal, but you'll be blinding other drivers and making things worse for yourself. The halogen housings were never made to project the beams from HID bulbs; they were made for halogen only, so you'll actually be getting worse light output. A complete retrofit is what you'll be needing.
That's exactly the information I was looking for! Thank you [emoji1303]

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5000k refers to the coloring - wattage is often 35watts on HID systems - there's no real added heat.

As JY said - a projector retrofit gives you optimum controlled light output - vs scatter and glare that's dangers with a drop-in-bulb kit.

Happy to answer any questions :) -- blackflamecustoms.com/contact

James2012yukonXl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question about the duel battery install, was a it kit you had bought and install or something on the fly? Do you have a thread on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues