New and Used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new, the Tahoe is a '12. I'm running fine, but the Tahoe, while new to me, is stuttering whenever I accelerate, unless I'm slamming the pedal to the floor. I took it back to Carmax where I bought it (it was inside 30 days) and they said they updated the CPU programming, and yet half a mile down the road after I picked her up, same problem. Is this a Tahoe thing? Should I be concerned about future performance? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to tyf. My 13 used to stutter pretty bad. How many miles does your ‘12 have? First thing i would do is clean the throttle body, clean the maf and change the air filter. See what that does for you. Put sone pics of your truck up.

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Galante, thanks for the quick response. My Tahoe has 120,000 miles on it. I'll take your advice and get those things handled. I used to have a 2003 Tahoe and the only issue I had with it was I had to replace the fuel pump a couple of times. Something about the pump inside the tank being exposed for too long? Never sure what really happened but I was getting pretty good at that procedure. I'll get a pic up here shortly too. Thanks again for your advice. Very helpful.

OP
OP
D

Daniel12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is my '12. I had to take it back to Carmax cuz it was still stuttering. I mentioned the items you had stated previously, but I got a follow up call saying they couldn't duplicate the issue, but did I give them permission to take it to the Chevy dealer just up the road from me. In the meantime, here is a '16 or '17 Tahoe to drive around in while we repair your vehicle.

IMG_4015.JPG