New and need advice on price 17'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all! Just joined. I am lookingto purchase a 17' Z71 and have an offer, but want to make sure I am not being taken. MSRP is 65795. Dealer is offering me $56500 with all incentives included. With that number I would not be able to get the 0% financing deal. My question is, should be be able to get a better deal using 0%? I've seen some people on here mention 15% off MSRP AND using 0% financing deal for 72 months. Just want to make sure I don't get taken for a ride.

Thanks

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Just joined. I am lookingto purchase a 17' Z71 and have an offer, but want to make sure I am not being taken. MSRP is 65795. Dealer is offering me $56500 with all incentives included. With that number I would not be able to get the 0% financing deal. My question is, should be be able to get a better deal using 0%? I've seen some people on here mention 15% off MSRP AND using 0% financing deal for 72 months. Just want to make sure I don't get taken for a ride.

Thanks
Depends where you are and what the market is like. To me, it sounds like you are getting a reasonable deal. And, if you are buying from your local dealer, all the better. While you might be able to get a better deal through an out of town dealer, the question is whether it is worth the hassle. Simply put, it becomes a time-value equation and a cost of travel analysis. It is a decision only you can make.

bezimmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Barho -

I just bought a '17 in Northern VA and yours looks like a pretty good deal. In addition to knowing where you live and market conditions, it would be good to know how much rebate you lose by going with 0% financing and how much cash/trade-in you intend to put down on the truck. Here's a back of the envelope calculation. Say you took the deal at $56.5K and financed it for 72 months at 2.8% (we got 2.39% at NFCU for 60 months, so 72 months might be a bit more expensive) and put $10K down. Total of all payments in your case would be about $4100 more than the sales price. If you're not putting much down and are only going to lose $3K or so in incentives, the 0% financing might be really attractive. If you're putting a bunch down and have a great rate, not so much. Bottom line answer - it depends...

OP
OP
B

barho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Barho -

I just bought a '17 in Northern VA and yours looks like a pretty good deal. In addition to knowing where you live and market conditions, it would be good to know how much rebate you lose by going with 0% financing and how much cash/trade-in you intend to put down on the truck. Here's a back of the envelope calculation. Say you took the deal at $56.5K and financed it for 72 months at 2.8% (we got 2.39% at NFCU for 60 months, so 72 months might be a bit more expensive) and put $10K down. Total of all payments in your case would be about $4100 more than the sales price. If you're not putting much down and are only going to lose $3K or so in incentives, the 0% financing might be really attractive. If you're putting a bunch down and have a great rate, not so much. Bottom line answer - it depends...

Thanks.

Yes, with my trade and money down I am looking at a total of $12K down. I can get a rate of 2.39% for 72 months (great rate right now). Rebates for me are $4,500, so before rebates it appears as though on the vehicle I am looking at they are giving me $1,000 off of invoice. Only issue, its 5 hours away from me. I have another deal on a less loaded one, but they are only giving me invoice price. Then again, they are giving me $1,500 more for my trade and it is only 2.5 hours away. I can get 2.49 for 72 on this deal.

Such a dilema

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both deals seem pretty competitive with each other. You should buy the vehicle you like best. If not you will be kicking yourself. If it turns out to be the 5 hour Dealer you will enjoy the comfortable ride home.

smokeybrown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thanks
Good deal. Buy it.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both deals seem pretty competitive with each other. You should buy the vehicle you like best. If not you will be kicking yourself. If it turns out to be the 5 hour Dealer you will enjoy the comfortable ride home.
What about your home town dealer? Are they willing to do a dealer trade and give you a good deal? If so, that may take a lot of the hassle out of it.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your insurance company, they may offer financing at a better rate. State Farm gave me 1.9% down from the 2.49% the dealer offered me.

OP
OP
B

barho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up my new 2017 Black Tahoe Z71 last Friday. Dealer found an additional $1,500 in rebates for me to total $6,00 in rebates. With dealer discount that brough the total off of MSRP to $9,750 (15% off MSRP). Happy with the deal and the new Tahoe!

Thanks all!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at a 17 suburban premier at 19% off.

Or a 18 yukon SLT XL and 12% off sticker.

I've always preferred the gmc, but given we have a 15 yukon xl currently, I may go with the burb. I'm just not sure which would be the better buy at this point. And they both must pass the "buffeting-free" test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr