New 93 2 door owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's some nasty sludge there. Other then that it doesn't look too bad.

Thanks i got it all cleaned up today, and put the lid back on i thought I was going to be done today but the crank bolt is just spinning when I was trying to get top dead center for timing so back to researching :drunk:

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Are you using the screwdriver trick to find TDC? It's been a while but crankshaft shouldn't be spinning without some resistance .

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you using the screwdriver trick to find TDC? It's been a while but crankshaft shouldn't be spinning without some resistance .
Was going to use the camera on my phone to watch the piston go up.
Just got off work didn't get a chance to check it out, the bolt spins but the crank is tight (wont move) I ordered a stripped bolt remover kit from Sears for $25 will pick up in the morning. Wasnt planning on pulling the radiator out to rethread the crank :biggun: may have an excuse to buy a new drill though

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

So bought a new bolt and washer from advanced auto for the harmonic balancer/crankshaft bolt was going in nicely at first thenn snapppp!!! All the remaining threads got ripped out. So drilled it to 1/2 and rethreaded it and got a new bolt and it went perfectly. Now to find out how to convert the 2 bolt air intake 2 one bolt. I've seen it before its a a single bolt with a 45 degree bend it to go into the center of the air intake anyone seen where they have this?

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So bought a new bolt and washer from advanced auto for the harmonic balancer/crankshaft bolt was going in nicely at first thenn snapppp!!! All the remaining threads got ripped out. So drilled it to 1/2 and rethreaded it and got a new bolt and it went perfectly. Now to find out how to convert the 2 bolt air intake 2 one bolt. I've seen it before its a a single bolt with a 45 degree bend it to go into the center of the air intake anyone seen where they have this?

Aww man just started hearing a knock did the oil and it mostly went away this hoe is trying to rip my heart out. Not before I rip hers out first.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-ps6320ctc

Also I finally found the conversion for the intake stud.

mll-ps6320ctc_ml.jpg

Last edited:

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a real nice 2 door and welcome to the site,..Im not sure if Id be dumping a ton of money onto this motor if u have a substantial engine knock. The truck seems to be in nice shape and may be worthy of a new crate motor.

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its a real nice 2 door and welcome to the site,..Im not sure if Id be dumping a ton of money onto this motor if u have a substantial engine knock. The truck seems to be in nice shape and may be worthy of a new crate motor.

Thanks got the oil done it was a quart low, it has mellowed out quite a bit. This morning it sounded like an ice cube bouncing in there. Now it's much more quiet and suddel.

OP
OP
2DROSH

2DROSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

ended up being a tiny piece of metal sticking out from the serpentine belt :D also how do we start a new post on the forum.

Im trying to figure out how to get the wipers going i replaced the pulse board and motor also checked the fuse under the dash any thoughts? They were making a buzzing sound and i was reading this was telltale sign of the motor being on its last leg i seemed to confirm it when i hit it with a hammer and it got a little louder

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs