New 2017 Tahoe from Tundra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2017 Tahoe LT, black on black. I had a 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. The Tundra had issues with mice continually getting in the cabin regardless of what I did. Toyota corporate said it was not a known problem. Toyota dealership said, "Oh yea, we get that a lot. Not just Tundra specific but all toyotas." Yet had no solution to fix it. So after catching 6 mice in 2 months I traded it in.

Good thing was it was a Toyota. I paid 38k for it new, got 37k on trade. Got my Tahoe for 9k off sticker at 55240 OTD (not including taxes here in Missouri)

Only pic I have right now.
4dee8192ed69869b137db6a69004e98f.jpg

That's my Tundra getting loaded up in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where the **** are you parking your truck in the sewer lol I've never heard of that before but you chose a good replacement.

OP
OP
schaffer05

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, it was a daily ritual. Set traps at night, check traps in morning. No food items or crumbs in the truck, yet almost always mice. I had cotton balls wth peppermint oil, dryer sheets, etc in there to "deter" them, nothing worked. Have a 2016 Explorer work vehicle parked right next to it with peanut butter protein bars inside at all times. Never a single mouse issue in it.

edelbrock231

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have my tundra, wife has a 15 Tahoe LT white with black leather, you won't be diasapointed

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They must have hidden some lo mein in the seat cushions as a cruel joke.:roflbow:

OP
OP
schaffer05

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my tundra, wife has a 15 Tahoe LT white with black leather, you won't be diasapointed

I loved the Tundra, but it was only a matter of time before those mice started chewing wires and seats. We drove the Tahoe and my wife fell in love. "You can have my car" she said [emoji848].

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I loved the Tundra, but it was only a matter of time before those mice started chewing wires and seats. We drove the Tahoe and my wife fell in love. "You can have my car" she said [emoji848].

What kind of car?

OP
OP
schaffer05

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She has a 2015 Camry. She told me I can trade it in for a truck since it's paid for, but she drives 45 mins each way to work. So it will be the commuter and the Tahoe will be the family vehicle.

Got the front windows tinted today and looking to get a hitch carrier and Thule roof carrier for it.

I have a company vehicle so we really only used the Tundra for hauling stuff and when we all went somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT