New 2017 Denali questions... what do I need to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mixed emotions getting rid of the old one. Really liked it but was time to move on.

Got about 300miles on it in 8 days. Did interstate drive over the weekend. Like driving on glass at 80mph. No vibration issues.

Hate the small mirrors and halogen high beams and fogs. I'll look at the Caddy mirrors and proably do HID high.

Absolutley hate the coverless gas cap and that the door doesn't have a lock and can't put a lockable gas cap on it. GM needs to make the cover only open from the inside of the truck if there is no gas cap. I think I'm stuck on this one.

Does the intelligent high beam work if the fog lights are on? When driving with low and fogs on I could not get the high beams to come on automatically. If I turned the fogs off and have just low beams on the high beams come on auto. That seems dumb. If oncoming traffic cause the highs to go off the fogs should be on then. I spend a lot of time country driving to my cabin. So this is a good feature for me if I could get it to work.

You can't turn off the auto lights and have the DRL LEDs on correct? I don't like the low beams coming on too early at night or in garages or under bridges. My 09 I just pulled the fuse for DRL but I like the new LED DRL Any thoughts?

Are the remotes programable to preset memory 1 and 2 like my 09? The remotes do not have numbers.

Anything I should be looking out for on the new ones?

Thanks

IMG_20170906_182629913.jpg

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mixed emotions getting rid of the old one. Really liked it but was time to move on.

Got about 300miles on it in 8 days. Did interstate drive over the weekend. Like driving on glass at 80mph. No vibration issues.

Hate the small mirrors and halogen high beams and fogs. I'll look at the Caddy mirrors and proably do HID high.

Absolutley hate the coverless gas cap and that the door doesn't have a lock and can't put a lockable gas cap on it. GM needs to make the cover only open from the inside of the truck if there is no gas cap. I think I'm stuck on this one.

Does the intelligent high beam work if the fog lights are on? When driving with low and fogs on I could not get the high beams to come on automatically. If I turned the fogs off and have just low beams on the high beams come on auto. That seems dumb. If oncoming traffic cause the highs to go off the fogs should be on then. I spend a lot of time country driving to my cabin. So this is a good feature for me if I could get it to work.

You can't turn off the auto lights and have the DRL LEDs on correct? I don't like the low beams coming on too early at night or in garages or under bridges. My 09 I just pulled the fuse for DRL but I like the new LED DRL Any thoughts?

Are the remotes programable to preset memory 1 and 2 like my 09? The remotes do not have numbers.

Anything I should be looking out for on the new ones?

Thanks

View attachment 182954
Enjoy your new truck. It's different from the prior generation, and there are features on my 08 Suburban that I would have loved on my 17 that are just not available in my trim level. All in all, the 17s are nice trucks.

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front crash avoidance and lane departure I had to take to the dealer for a few times before it worked consistently. They replaced a camera and a control box.
The 6.2 loves premium fuel. It runs on regular ok but I can tell the difference. Fuel mileage increase too if you can keep you foot new ride!off the skinny pedal.
Get some real floor mats.
Enjoy your new ride!

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intelligent high beams do NOT work if you have the fog lamps on...owners manual points this out...I wish they did but I imagine the fog lights interfere with the camera so hey wouldn't work correctly if dogs are on (my guess).

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front crash avoidance and lane departure I had to take to the dealer for a few times before it worked consistently. They replaced a camera and a control box.
The 6.2 loves premium fuel. It runs on regular ok but I can tell the difference. Fuel mileage increase too if you can keep you foot new ride!off the skinny pedal.
Get some real floor mats.
Enjoy your new ride!

My 6.2 (2016 Denali XL) LOVES 93 octane - very noticeable difference in power and mileage. Toss in a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in during your fill up and the power and mileage with 93 octane is amazing! I've averaged 24.9 mpg several trips using the cruise and maintaining 75mph!!!

Lalo

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Denali and also noticed the difference with the 93 octane on the 6.2 and my regular projectors are HID's high beams are halogens

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks so far no real issues. The lane departure steering takes some getting use to how it is sloppy when engaged. I had the BB tune in the 09 so I've always ran 93. Definately noticed the improved mpg on the new one. I've got the floor mats except for the cargo I'm using the one from my 02 Z71. Haven't found a GMC cargo mat for the back with the 3rd row down. Looks like there is a cargo mat for the XL. Does anyone know if that would match the back of the short version with the 3rd row down? Personally wish you could get one w/out the 3rd row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu