New 17 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Optimum No Rinse and Optimum Spray Wax exclusively. I clay and wax every spring and fall (Mother's clay kit). 4 years later (4 salty slushy Nova Scotia winters I might add) and my 4Runner basically looks as good as the day I bought it. The paint is glossy as can be. I use is Optimum No Rinse on ALL exterior surfaces including the wheels. Sometimes I use a bit of tire shine if I'm feeling up to it. The best product I've ever used.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to confess to being lurker on here and learning so many valuable things from all of you. i finally pulled the trigger on a new Yukon. Thank you all for your help everyone and hopefully I can contribute and add a little bit from time to time. So where all clay barred, floor mats are in with just a few things that the dealer has to take care of next week - we should be good to go. Thanks again gang for all of your help, Mark

View attachment 83194

View attachment 83195

Looks absolutely great. Nice job. :cool:

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - i used CG Extreme Slick Synthetic and the Mother's Speed Clay2.0. I do have a question. I have the carbon Flex C9 kit to put on, do I need to go back over the car and strip off the extreme slick detail spray residue or can I apply that carbon Flex C9 straight over the detailing spray. I sent an email to the chemical guys but I haven't heard back from them yet. I was wondering about that jet seal and how that would work I also have some black light to try. I will say this, thr combination of the extreme slick synthetic detail spray and the Mother's 2.0 speed clay bar it went real quick and the finishes super smooth.

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does everyone do for the undercarriage since I won't be taking this through a brushed car wash. How do you get the undercarriage clean, in Michigan we just have a shitload of salt and with my white truck I could get away with once a month running it through a carwash, not this one.......

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - i used CG Extreme Slick Synthetic and the Mother's Speed Clay2.0. I do have a question. I have the carbon Flex C9 kit to put on, do I need to go back over the car and strip off the extreme slick detail spray residue or can I apply that carbon Flex C9 straight over the detailing spray. I sent an email to the chemical guys but I haven't heard back from them yet. I was wondering about that jet seal and how that would work I also have some black light to try. I will say this, thr combination of the extreme slick synthetic detail spray and the Mother's 2.0 speed clay bar it went real quick and the finishes super smooth.
I usually take my towel after claying and use the wet side to wipe down any left over residue and dry with the dry side. There shouldn't be much left over, especially with the CG synthetic quick detailer. No need to strip anything after the clay. You can wax over.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my vehicles through a touch free car wash to get the undercarriage done.

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - xpel for hood and all front facing including headlights in three weeks so no tailgating Lol.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Love the color definitely trying to get this purple color or all black with the "22 inch wheels in Denali trim tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302