New 17 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to confess to being lurker on here and learning so many valuable things from all of you. i finally pulled the trigger on a new Yukon. Thank you all for your help everyone and hopefully I can contribute and add a little bit from time to time. So where all clay barred, floor mats are in with just a few things that the dealer has to take care of next week - we should be good to go. Thanks again gang for all of your help, Mark

20170603_201602.jpg

20170603_201524.jpg

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to confess to being lurker on here and learning so many valuable things from all of you. i finally pulled the trigger on a new Yukon. Thank you all for your help everyone and hopefully I can contribute and add a little bit from time to time. So where all clay barred, floor mats are in with just a few things that the dealer has to take care of next week - we should be good to go. Thanks again gang for all of your help, Mark

View attachment 83194

View attachment 83195
Looks awesome man. SLT is a great trim. How long did it take to clay and wax? That's a lot of paint to cover!

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. About 4 hours to CB taking my time and I did the windows too. I used the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 and Chemical Guys Extreme Slick Synthetic QD and it worked really well. I added a mist and wipe of quick wax for now as I am going to do something a bit more robust for paint protection once I figure that out. Thanks only took 35 minutes or so.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome Mark!! Love the color.

Welcome from Miami Beach!!

OP
OP
Mwbutcher

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice color. Is that Iridium/Tungsten?
Yes it is. A bit if a departure from the white vehicles I usually buy. There are so many nice colors out there now and we noticed the paint jobs seem very well done on many of the Yukon's we looked at.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent color Choice! chemical guys synthetic quick detailer is the only spray I'll use as clay lube whether I'm detailing my own denali or any clients vehicle. Much easier to towel off when done, it doesn't degrade your clay bar, and it smells fantastic. Haha. For wax I'd recommend a base coat of chemical guys jetseal, for a long lasting durable layer of protection, followed by a coat of their blacklight wax, to really bring out the pigments in your dark paint. It'll give it a fanatic look of depth to your paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne