Needs some tips/tricks for rear level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsquanch

Reaction score
So I just bought a DJM 0/2 lowering kit for my 2010 Avalanche which came with replacement rear coil springs and shock extenders. I figure while I'm down there I might as well replace my OEM shocks with some Monroe reflex as my factory ones now have close to 110K on them. I cannot for the life of me find any videos or even visual guides on the internet that outline this process at all. Are there any tips or tricks I should be aware of when performing this task? I'd rather consult with those who have done it first before I start taking stuff apart in the back end. I've got the proper tools and an understanding of what needs done but not in what order of operation.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I changed the shocks on my 02 Tahoe, and I put the jack in front of the rear wheels, by the rear door. Then allow the shocks to droop and remove either the top or bottom bolt, it doesn't matter. Swap out one side, then the other.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might help. It's a 2015 Escalade, but the rear setup is exactly the same. The point he's removing the rear shocks and springs is at the 4:34min mark: