Need Verification to disable Tire Pressure monitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my limited undertsanding, Isnt it a pressure sensitive tire valve which sends a radio signal with the pressure reading to the TPM unit?

All you have to do is transfer them from your stock wheels to your new one's and there you go.

If you buy a new set then you have to go to a dealer to have them programmed to your truck. Therefore much easier and cheaper to take them off your stock wheels and put them on your new wheels for FREEEEE!

The only downside is that during the winter when you put your stock wheels back on your "Service Tire Pressure Sensor" led will illuminate when you start up but you can delete it
any tire shop csn program the tpms sensors to your truck. I bought new sensors for my 20s and had them out in and eoft the stocks on my stock 17s. Tire shop had the tool to program the new sensors on my 20s and I didn't have to go to a dealer to have then programmed.

Archer04

Reaction score
There is a video on youtube that shows how you can DIY on TPM sensors. Basically you deflate the tire and only break the bead on the valve side of the tire, do not break the bead on the other side. Remove standard valve by pushing down on the tire to give you room to work, then using wire snips cut the and pull out the old valve. Then install the new TPM sensor you have, now this will add a little weight to tire where you put in the TPM sensor, so before you install it you could weigh it and find out how much it weighs, and get yourself some wheel weights at a local shop or store and add that weight to the other side of the tire. (Balanced). Once the new TPM is installed re-inflate the tire, due this by using a little dish soap and wipe it around the edge and lip of the rim, this will help the tire to slide up seat to the rim, then inflate to proper pressure, and then all you have to do is reprogram the TPM to see and read the info from the sensor. Which on the 03-06 body style is to get the TPM into program mode and then let out a little air from the tires until you get a honk, and then reap by going clock wise around the truck. So start at left front, then right front, then right rear and finally left rear. Then you have corrected the issue and do not need to disable that system.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha-Ha if funny how we're willing to spend $1000+ on wheels and tires but don't want to spend $200 on some items that would let us know when one of our $1K wheels is low on air thus risking damage to it. I guess to each their own.
Sorry I don't know much about the system bro, even if you disable it wouldn't the light still stay on?
Nah whats funny is the amount of 70's, 80's, 90's and even one 1969 vehicles that Ive owned that didnt have TPMS in them and Ive never ruined a rim yet. TPMS are for stupid people that need their noses whiped for them. If a person doesnt have common enough sense to stop when they get a flat or cant tell when they have a flat then they should NOT be on the road because they arent smart enough to operate a vehicle.
I dont need that crap on any of my vehicles and $200 will buy alot of food.
Im gutting this TPMS crap from my Denali.