Need Verification to disable Tire Pressure monitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Ha-Ha if funny how we're willing to spend $1000+ on wheels and tires but don't want to spend $200 on some items that would let us know when one of our $1K wheels is low on air thus risking damage to it. I guess to each their own.
Sorry I don't know much about the system bro, even if you disable it wouldn't the light still stay on?

Its even more funny that you'd need a light to tell you to check your tires.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Yes that is what I did, just transfer mine from my old wheels. I don't have winter wheels though since I sold the stockers. I'll never live anywhere that snows alot :). I know the valvestem is part of the system but not sure what role it plays. The sensors probably communicates with the valvestem. I'll let the experts attempt to answer this.

Lucky you. In the North East we get it all. Currently it's snow and I dont want to destroy $2500 worth of wheels so my Hoe is wearing her winter shoes.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got a puncture on my way home once a few years back... found it when I turned into the driveway and it felt just a little squiggly, by then of course the sidewall was shredded inside, even though it still had air in it and looked fine.

I check my 305/45/22s like crazy because they look 1/2 flat even at 40 psi.
I even pull over sometimes and check them thinking I feel one that might be down, never is. But then again, I've had tires that looked fully inflated at 5-10 psi.

It's the nature of the game these days, you just can't tell anymore, uber stiff sidewalls, low compliance tires, ultra low profiles... the 'air' doesn't make a lot of difference on the ride quality in comparison to the bias ply, and early radial days.

I am generally glad I don't have the TPMS though. More expense and hassle when changing and rotating tires.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So you put a tire guage to your tire everytime before you drive, maybe you do because I do know visual eyeballing can't and won't tell you your tire needs air.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
I check them everytime I get gas. It's been a habit of mine ever since I started driving. Thanks dad...

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Yup, it's true that with the low profiles I alway think my tires flat when it isnt and I have the TPM working fine.

Sometimes whem you park on an uneven surface it looks particularly flat when in fact it's fine.

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha-Ha if funny how we're willing to spend $1000+ on wheels and tires but don't want to spend $200 on some items that would let us know when one of our $1K wheels is low on air thus risking damage to it. I guess to each their own.
Sorry I don't know much about the system bro, even if you disable it wouldn't the light still stay on?

Ha Ha. I bought my truck used with aftermarket 22" w/ no sensors. Didn't think of the sensors till I already had the new rims and tires installed (first truck I've owned with TPMS). Since I'm not rolling in cash and the truck is not my daily driver, I would rather put my limited funds into other mods than some system I don't need that was forced on us by the Gov't.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kauffman said they would put them in for free on mine. I bought my 22s and had them mounted and the sensors werent in yet. im just gonna wait till i take it for alignment and have them do it then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons