Need to replace rear captain chair bottom 2005 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James johnson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this. I have replaced the driver bottom and am extremely happy with the results. My rear passenger bottom has torn down a seam and I can't find a replacement for pewter gray as of yet. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If it's just the seam that came apart and the rest is in good shape, why not just take the cover off and sew it or take it somewhere to be sewn. Easy enough.

OP
OP
J

James johnson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it's just the seam that came apart and the rest is in good shape, why not just take the cover off and sew it or take it somewhere to be sewn. Easy enough.

I went by an upholstery shop and he said he would have to replace 2 panels. One being the outer edge, vinyl and the inside panel beside it and it is leather. Concerned about materials matching as all he has is vinyl. Something about one piece tearing up when he separates them. Idk. My front cover was only 85 and he said 70 to do that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went by an upholstery shop and he said he would have to replace 2 panels. One being the outer edge, vinyl and the inside panel beside it and it is leather. Concerned about materials matching as all he has is vinyl. Something about one piece tearing up when he separates them. Idk. My front cover was only 85 and he said 70 to do that.
Try looking on eBay for a lower cover. I've read other members found brand new matching leather covers anywhere from $130-$180 shipped. That might be a better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods