need stereo suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92slammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i have a 2006 tahoe with Bose, navi blah blah blah. im thinking about upgrading my factory stereo. The new one must have Navigation, bluetooth and keep steering wheel controls and rear entertainment. Android auto would be nice. thanks

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We put one in my friend's 05. Had to break out our drimmel skills a bit. We pulled a spare trim piece out of the wreaking yard to practice on first. Final install looked clean; like it was from the factory. I will see if I can get a picture soon.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We put one in my friend's 05. Had to break out our drimmel skills a bit. We pulled a spare trim piece out of the wreaking yard to practice on first. Final install looked clean; like it was from the factory. I will see if I can get a picture soon.

I would like to see that.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sent me this one. Not the best pic but he's a bit drunk now.

20170726_231521.jpg

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ need better pics. that dont look factory at all. really like these alpine units. if only they would fit the nbs.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ need better pics. that dont look factory at all. really like these alpine units. if only they would fit the nbs.
Ouch tough crowd. Anyways, they will fit with a little work. I'll see if I can get some better pics

GMCDAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I'm pretty new to the forums and just getting around to reading the postings. We have one of the Pioneer units that Dan linked above. It was already installed in our '06 Denali when we bought it in July 2016. I like it real well but had no manual. I got quite a bit of the operation info from the internet.

The only issue I ever had with it was last December-January we had a long sub-zero freeze. We didn't start the Denali for a week or so and when my wife started it none of the gauges were working. I checked fuses and all that and just decided what the heck, I will disconnect the battery and see if that resets the computer or something. Well that worked great BUT this stereo then said I had to enter a security code! Of course we didn't have it so I called the local Pioneer dealer and they said bring in the truck, our techs have to pull the unit, send it to the Pioneer factory to be "reset" then their techs have to install it again! Probably would run around $200.

I said no f#$@&ng way and started searching the net again. There's a guy on ebay I got the codes from ($19.00) and 5 minutes later I had that stereo working fine again! The whole deal from when I found the ebay guy and had the stereo working was less than a half hour.

I would recommend the unit but don't fall for the dealer money grab when you have to change the battery or something of that nature that requires the radio to be disconnected.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_107547_Pioneer-AVIC-5200NEX.html

Crappy pictures2006 GMC Yukon Denali 007.jpg ---Sorry!

DAC2006 GMC Yukon Denali 009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout