Need some opinions for exhaust options for my 2017 Tahoe Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger8996

Reaction score
So, I just picked up a new Tahoe two weeks ago and I would like to change out the factory exhaust for something with a little tone. I know GM offers through the dealers the Borla touring exhaust. I also know that people use Corsa as well. Any opinions on the Corsa or Borla systems?

Thanks

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have corsa catback & like it

dont recall hearing a GM borla kit, but a few have installed.

others also like the weld-in magnaflow. & remove flapper. & also , maybe, remove resonator.

others i have seen vids here & Liked...venom & carven.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the price, you can't go wrong with cat-back systems from Borla or Corsa. I have 14859BLK Corsa cat-back with black tips and LOVE it!

There is another downside though. Your gas mileage MAY suck due to the increased weight of your right foot....caused by your excitement of the exhaust's sound and performance. :party36:

Another cold-start video for reference:

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase an 2015 Yukon Denali this weekend hopefully and wanted an exhaust with great sound and horsepower.

I think I will go with the CORSA CAT BACK with black tips as my Yukon will be all black.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my $.02 - I have Corsa Sport on my 2012 6.2 Denali. Loved the sound and the no drone aspect of Corsa. I didn't like the sound when it kicked into 4 cylinder mode. It wasn't terrible but I still found it annoying. I ended up getting a tune and disabling AFM.

The thing I liked about the new GM Borla systems (my father has one on his SUV) is they also don't drone and they have the flapper to eliminate the V4 noise. GM Borla is basically Borla Touring sound level.

If you are getting a tune the V4 thing doesn't matter though. Just pick the sound you like better. Personally I slightly prefer the slightly deeper Borla sound.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
Here is my $.02 - I have Corsa Sport on my 2012 6.2 Denali. Loved the sound and the no drone aspect of Corsa. I didn't like the sound when it kicked into 4 cylinder mode. It wasn't terrible but I still found it annoying. I ended up getting a tune and disabling AFM.

The think I liked about the new GM Borla systems (my father has one on his SUV) is they also don't drone and they have the flapper to eliminate the V4 noise. GM Borla is basically Borla Touring sound level.

If you are getting a tune the V4 thing doesn't matter though. Just pick the sound you like better. Personally I slightly prefer the slightly deeper Borla sound.

thanks for the information

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing - I know for sure the GM Borla has the flapper to reduce V4 noise (confirmed this on my fathers GM Borla system). I read on one of the forums where somebody claims to have talked wih borla and was told that the Borla Touring and GM Borla system both have the flapper. Might be worth confirming with Borla yourself if you are interested in Borla. You can usually find the Borla Touring cheaper than the GM Borla system (but GM does run periodic promotions on accessories).

If you like the Borla but want more volume than Touring provides all of their systems designed since around 2011 have been designed to eliminate drone (they have even gone back and redesigned sold stuff to eliminate drone). This came from David Borla himself on the Camaro6 forum. Read the post here. He has a few other comments on drone here and here.

So you may be OK with a louder Borla option from a drone perspective. Just cannot comment on how it will sound in V4 mode. I found the V4 sound annoying with my Corsa Sport on a completely stock vehicle. When I modified the car and made the exhaust louder it made V4 more annoying to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401