Need some help from Jenna or someone with auto cal knowledge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the dealer flashed over my tune. I had an in person tune several years ago.

Yesterday at dealer had transmission fluid/filter and coolant changed. The dealer plugged a tool into the OBD to read mileage I guess. I've never seen that done before. Got the truck back and now it is super sluggish and bogs down on slow turns when hitting the gas like there is a lag and then the engine revs super high/hard when it kicks in. Truck was perfectly fine when I took it in. Plugs and wires and fuel service where done couple months ago. No reason the truck should be bogging down.

I have the auto cal but never used it. I have an email from Justin with 4 files. ModEMC.ctz, ModTMC.ctz, StockEMC.ctz, & stockTMC.ctz.

If I understand correctly I load the ModEMC and ModTMC to progam1 and program 2 on the auto cal. Plug into the OBD and it will automatically load the in person tune?

Are those the only things I need to do to get the tune Justin did back?

Thanks

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think the dealer flashed over the tune. Truck is fine under light acceleration and highway speeds. But from dead stop if pushing gas slightly harder than normal the engine revs high and truck won't accelerate. I checked tran fluild level and very low. My guess is when they replaced the filter they didn't replace fluid level. I drove 130 miles to my cabin moslty highway miles. A few ocasions of slipping before i figuure out what was wrong. Opinions on if that is enough to do damange. Truck is at a new dealership over here to document the other dealership didn't properly fill transmission after filter change.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What I would recommend, is grab your tune files currently on the vehicle, and a datalog. Send it over to the guys and they will look them over for you.

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I would recommend, is grab your tune files currently on the vehicle, and a datalog. Send it over to the guys and they will look them over for you.

thx for the reply.

truck was low 3 qts. of tranny fluid. Wasn't anything to do with the tune. Took it back to the original dealer and they dropped the pan said it was fine and nothing on the magnet. Guess I'll find out in the future if any long term damage was done.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thx for the reply.

truck was low 3 qts. of tranny fluid. Wasn't anything to do with the tune. Took it back to the original dealer and they dropped the pan said it was fine and nothing on the magnet. Guess I'll find out in the future if any long term damage was done.
Glad it was simple! I would still send over datalogs, the guys can see if there is anything mechanical that might be an issue after the fix.

Sent from my fone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne