Need opinion on painting front grill.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leroy712

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m going to be painting the chrome pieces on the front grill of my Tahoe (also paint matching window trim). Previous owner already painted the “eyebrows” onyx black to match the truck. I’m trying to decide if I should go ahead and do the grill Onyx Black or should I do a dark machine tint like my Dub Skillz? I also will be painting the Escalade roof rails I have the same color I decide on for the grill. I will be leaving the chrome outline on the bow ties and keyless entry buttons. Here is a pic of my grill currently and the Dubs. I keep going back and forth on what to do. Any input would be great!

274ECC9A-2245-4423-B561-99101BEF7887.jpeg

tahoeluver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have the exact match of the wheels and have the grille a matte finish i think it would be better than black. You need something else to match the wheels i think.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black would look good, it’s the safe choice. But if you could duplicate that “Dark Machine Tint” the dub wheels on your grill IMO that would look even better.

Have you considered how you would achieve the Dark Machine Tint color on your current factory chrome plastic grill?

OP
OP
leroy712

leroy712

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really dig those wheels, truck looks great! Details on wheel/tire sizing?

Thanks! They are 24” Dub Skillz 30mm offset Black machined faced with dark tint. Tires I went with the Nitto 420S in a 295/35/24. No rubbing issues and still rides nice. I’m on a Belltech 3/4 drop by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne