Need new ignition suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were 3 coil packs that went south. 2 were showing a lot of misfires and 1 not as much. Moved them to 'good' cylinders and the misfires followed the coil packs. I've never have a problem with MSD stuff before...loved the MSD ignition on my Bronco...but just didn't work on the Yukon. It was about 10 months ago and no misfires since.
That's weird, I haven't heard of problems with them. I'm wondering if you got some fake ones? There is a huge problem with fake parts nowadays. I just bought some Ray-Ban sunglasses that you can't tell from the real thing. I knew they were fake when I bought them but you'd never know from looking at them. The packaging, case, wipe, and glasses look like the real thing. I know it's not the same, we're talking about car parts, but I would think that if MSD is selling coil packs with 3 out of 8 failing within a year they wouldn't be selling them after awhile due to all the negative backlash. I did alot of research before I forked out out nearly $400 for the 82648 Blaster coils and they had 4.8-5.0 star reviews over many sites and hundreds of reviews. Just seems strange that I can't find another review that is even remotely similar to yours. Which part number were yours?

J Mac

Reaction score
That's weird, I haven't heard of problems with them. I'm wondering if you got some fake ones? There is a huge problem with fake parts nowadays. I just bought some Ray-Ban sunglasses that you can't tell from the real thing. I knew they were fake when I bought them but you'd never know from looking at them. The packaging, case, wipe, and glasses look like the real thing. I know it's not the same, we're talking about car parts, but I would think that if MSD is selling coil packs with 3 out of 8 failing within a year they wouldn't be selling them after awhile due to all the negative backlash. I did alot of research before I forked out out nearly $400 for the 82648 Blaster coils and they had 4.8-5.0 star reviews over many sites and hundreds of reviews. Just seems strange that I can't find another review that is even remotely similar to yours. Which part number were yours?

Not sure of the part number...I still have them but they are up in the attic. I ordered directly from MSD because I wasn't sure which ones to order. I've always had good success with MSD parts on other vehicles. May have just gotten a few bad ones...dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64