Need new carpet, need help choosing the color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any of you guys found a chemical to remove the old carpet from the bottoms of the door panels and cargo sides? They must have made some really bada$$ glue 22 years ago. I had a miserable time just removing the side moldings using the Scotch brand recommended glue remover, so I can't wait till I try to remove the carpet on these panels. The carpet manufacturer also lists these replacement panels as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys found a chemical to remove the old carpet from the bottoms of the door panels and cargo sides? They must have made some really bada$$ glue 22 years ago. I had a miserable time just removing the side moldings using the Scotch brand recommended glue remover, so I can't wait till I try to remove the carpet on these panels. The carpet manufacturer also lists these replacement panels as well.
I don't think any chemical will work. I did the bottom of my door panels using a razor scraper. It wasn't easy; the carpet has a thin foam backing that becomes one with the door panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727