Need more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would a setup like that do on a long road trip?

Well, if you did everything it would lose some of its manners and make more noise even while cruising. Dynamat. There's a video on youtube of a fellow with a 2500 and a supercharger getting tuned, I'd ask him. Check with the guys here who have supercharged 1500s. If you're doing all that and you want better mileage, consider the 6L90 that was used from 2008-2013 in the 2500s.

OP
OP
07suburban2500
Reaction score
Well, if you did everything it would lose some of its manners and make more noise even while cruising. Dynamat. There's a video on youtube of a fellow with a 2500 and a supercharger getting tuned, I'd ask him. Check with the guys here who have supercharged 1500s. If you're doing all that and you want better mileage, consider the 6L90 that was used from 2008-2013 in the 2500s.

I'll look up those videos! Mpg is not of concern, I'm just worried about it being reliable on a long trip

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 6.0 Gen IV LS blocks are good for 700 horsepower and lots of racers build them up to 1000 or more. If you're not trying to squeeze every last ounce of horsepower out of it, it will be more reliable; I'd start with a supercharger and tune and go from there as the need for speed arises.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a short vid of my 02 but it's before I installed my Performabuilt trans and 2800 stall. It shifts so much harder now it's crazy. I've also since changed the tune so I need to get some more videos but it gives you an idea. I have a 6.0 with a Whipple SC, Vinci Trucker cam, Yella Terra full roller rockers, dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, American Racing longtubes with an Aero Turbo muffler, Performabuilt Level 3 "invincible" 4l60 trans rated for 800 HP with an FTI billet triple disc 2800 rpm stall converter. It's a blast to drive. It won't take a Tesla off the line though, that would be hard for any vehicle.

OP
OP
07suburban2500
Reaction score
Here's a short vid of my 02 but it's before I installed my Performabuilt trans and 2800 stall. It shifts so much harder now it's crazy. I've also since changed the tune so I need to get some more videos but it gives you an idea. I have a 6.0 with a Whipple SC, Vinci Trucker cam, Yella Terra full roller rockers, dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, American Racing longtubes with an Aero Turbo muffler, Performabuilt Level 3 "invincible" 4l60 trans rated for 800 HP with an FTI billet triple disc 2800 rpm stall converter. It's a blast to drive. It won't take a Tesla off the line though, that would be hard for any vehicle.

That's impressive!! I'll see if I can find a safe road to film mine on tomorrow

OP
OP
07suburban2500
Reaction score

And the only thing the burb will ever beat a tesla in off the line is a game of chicken lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...dual valve springs

Probably one of the best mods for safety and durability out there. I understand why GM did it, I would not have. It's cheap insurance against a valve kissing a piston. I'll gladly sacrifice some RPM for durability. I love torque more than horsepower anyway!