Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
Bought a new cylinder and it still doesn't work. That security light won't go out. Wondering if it isn't the exciter.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a new cylinder and it still doesn't work. That security light won't go out. Wondering if it isn't the exciter.
it will never go out, just get someone with an HP Tuner to tune out the requirement for a theft deterrent signal to the PCM from the BCM...if you are already tuned, have the tuner upload a new file with that feature disabled.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
After hours of trying to fix it, I have decided it is going to the junk yard. I don't have the time to put into it anymore.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After hours of trying to fix it, I have decided it is going to the junk yard. I don't have the time to put into it anymore.
Well, if you had the Passkey/lock tuned out you wouldn't be in this situation

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know you could it till you suggested it and it isn't worth it. Getting it tuned isn't cheap.
anyone with an HP Tuner can do it, even a local member. Pay $100 for the license and its done on a few seconds.