Need help with squating on a 2008 XL Denali's rear while towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

busterbrown

Reaction score
Update, dealer found the wiring harness leading to the compressor shorting out each unit. They replaced the harness and all is good now. Wish I could just keep the 16 Yukon I was driving around all weekend and let them keep my 08. It towed my trailer nicely.

Paul Brambilla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure NO as air I can air up and down with my compressor very easily. I've visually inspected the lines and nothing seams pinched.

I have stock Yukon Denali coil springs on my 2009. RPO code listed for this truck is Z55 (autoride dampening and air leveling suspension). The springs are original. I'm not sure I have the correct Air Lift 1000 kit now that you mention it. I purchased kit 60769 off Amazon. I checked a couple of sites for proper application. I just did a search for PN 60810 and it looks as if they are for the Nissan Pathfinder. It seems that GM had quite a few variety of coil spring sets for these full size SUVs. Let me ask you, are the helper bags supposed to fit inside the spring loosely when not inflated? From the pics in your link, the answer is yes. I measured the inside width of my coil springs on the truck. it measures around 5". Probably 4.9 as I had a hard time getting precise on the tape measure as the spring is still mounted on the truck.

I'm going to remove the spring now from the rear axle and see if I can get the helper bag out and return the kit to Amazon.

Hi, did you ever figure out why your air lift kit didn't fit? I'm having the same exact issue on my 07 Yukon Denali. I was able to get the bags inserted, lines run etc. However, when I fill them up they don't fully expand. It's as if they are too big for the springs. If you check out air lifts website they tell me I should have the 60769 kit, not 60810 so I'm not sure why the other poster recommended that one. Is AirLift/Amazon recommending the incorrect size?

Additionally, I'm having another issue where it seems a line is getting pinched. After installing and removing the jack etc, I'm finding that nothing is pinched and I can inflate/deflate. However, after taking it for a test drive it seems something shifts causing a pinch somewhere. I jacked it back up looking for a pinch and I really have no idea where it might be. Of note, as soon as I jack it up, the pinch is gone. It's only pinching on the passenger side. The drivers side seems to be fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on which helper bags to get for a stock Denali XL use.

I am having the same problem with my compressor not turning on. I think I also have a short.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts