Need help with getting a Key fob for a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
$130.for the remote and &30.to cut the key
Just curious did you ever try to program it your self...... all I keep readying is people do it themselves based off the Suv manual. Unfortunately my used Yukon did not come with a manual either

captdbg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dripping Springs,Texas - Puerto Vallarta,Mexico
Just curious did you ever try to program it your self...... all I keep readying is people do it themselves based off the Suv manual. Unfortunately my used Yukon did not come with a manual either
I haven’t got the key yet just bought the truck Tuesday and it didn’t come with a manual either just found one on eBay they will probably arrive at same time

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
I haven’t got the key yet just bought the truck Tuesday and it didn’t come with a manual either just found one on eBay they will probably arrive at same time
Sweet brotha keep me posted as I just bought my yukon yesterday and it looks like we are in the same boat. No extra key fob, no manual and no mats :(

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Ebay for all three. If it was certified pre-owned then the GM Dealer would have to provide all three items.

MechEng813

Reaction score
I bought a few used fobs on ebay.

I used www.carkeysfast.com, and at the time he charged me $21 each to "reset" each used fob, included an uncut valet key blade and return shipping.
He also offered to cut the valet key if you can povide the cut code (or he could obtain it for a few bucks as well)

Once I received them back it took a few minutes to program using the method in the manual.

Way cheaper than going thru the dealer who claimed that was the only way to do it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about this but just wasn’t sure if I will get stuck with some knock off brand or if it had to be actual gm product.
You could get a knockoff, it is wise to make sure the new one has the actual part number on the back and instructions. Blank ones are almost always fakes.

Home Depot cuts the keys for free.

Lalo

Reaction score
I bought mine from eBay (mid Atlantic locksmiths... I think) looks legit for my Denali has the GMC in the back of the remote ... When the manager of the dealer asked me if there was anything he could do for me after I bought my used Denali , I just asked him to program for me and cut No charge .... They did it no problems ..... I paid about $80 for the FOB ... Also I tried following all the steps in the owner's manual for programming didn't work .... Owner's manual are available online for free in a PDF file ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec