Need help with check engine light!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie7644

Reaction score
To start this all off I have had a check engine light on forever. The scan code came up as a bank 1 #2 o2 sensor reading stuck in low circuit. I replaced the o2 sensor. Then it came back on for catalyst below efficiency and more o2 codes. So I gutted my cats. Now my #2 sensors keep swapping back and forth throwing low circuit codes. I have absolutey no clue what to do now. The o2 sensors were on non fowlers then I took them off then put them back on then doubled them up lol. I tried everything. What does somebody think?

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray water all around your intake manifold and see if the engine stumbles.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Throw up the exact OBD2 codes you're seeing.

If you gutting the cats, it makes sense you're seeing catalyst inefficiency codes.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your upstream sensors a different part number than your downstream sensors? Do the sensors have more than 100,000 miles on them?

Once you gutted the cats, you now need a tune to turn off those downstream sensors to keep them from throwing codes. Black Bear can do this and you'll enjoy the extra usable horsepower.

While I have not tried it on mine, I would imaging that if one swapped a downstream sensor for an upstream that it would throw a code as they are different in some way. Even if this is so and you get the sensors back where they belong, you'll still need a tune to turn them off. If the sensors are old, replace with new ones.

Do you have access to a Tech2 or a good scan tool? Such a one can allow you to read numerous parameters so you can see how your motor is running and of course allow you to clear those codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu