NEED HELP ASAP, please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
1998 Tahoe LT 4dr. Has liftgate instead of barn doors. Key is stuck in tailgate. Will not turn back all the way to release it, stops just short of it. Can not get the lift glass to release either. Tried pushing and pulling lift gate with wife pushing hatch button on dash. Anyone ever have this problem and/or have solution...?

grim hurst

Reaction score
1998 Tahoe LT 4dr. Has liftgate instead of barn doors. Key is stuck in tailgate. Will not turn back all the way to release it, stops just short of it. Can not get the lift glass to release either. Tried pushing and pulling lift gate with wife pushing hatch button on dash. Anyone ever have this problem and/or have solution...?

Maybe this will help its on YouTube

OP
OP
KenpoFish

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Got it fixed, sort of. Had to pry top trim on tailgate back enough to get screws out. Took trim panel off the tailgate. Figured out where to release the lift glass. Rod connected to back of key tumbler.

But now I can’t get my tailgate back down. Put it back up after I thought I had problem fixed. Luckily I left the interior panel off. Lift glass works fine now though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14