Need Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianT

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I had an issue a couple weeks ago and it reoccurred this past weekend again. While driving on the highway for a while, I touched the brakes to disengage my cruise, when I did it did something to my electrical. My radio screen when out and then my dash lights flickered and went dead just for a second. When everything came back on the Service Intellitrack message came on and then went out. My dash lights flickered for the next 1/2 hour or so and the system seemed very unstable. Once I got to my destination I turned it off and tried starting and it seemed ok. Also want to note it seems to do it when I either touch the brakes or use the signals. When I do the 3 flash on the signal it will flicker the electrical and knock off the cruise. Doesn't happen all the time and that's what worries me, I don't really want to have it totally die while at highway speed.

Any advise would be appreciated.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had this issue, but so far have only been on one long highway trip to use my CC and did not have this issue. I am leaving for spring break next week, so i will be using CC for a while. I hope to not have an issue, thats for sure! (17 Tahoe LT)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 1st thought is one of your bulbs is bad, brake light bulb or blinker, front or rear....my 2nd thought would be the brake light switch but since it does with the signals its just a bulb.... and crappy ground....3rd check your grounds, battery to frame, frame to motor, etc etc do this no matter what.

OP
OP
BrianT

BrianT

Reaction score
It has to be a ground, the bulbs are all good. I would have no clue where to start with the ground issue. I guess start at the front and work my way back. I wonder if it's a battery issue as it is the factory one and many have seem to have issues with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972