Need a intake to pair with Corsa exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CHRIS CALCIANO
Reaction score
Are you talking about this cover? (Please disregard green ellipse. I had to reuse this image.)
View attachment 76632
Yes, the one with the red arrow. I called AFE they said it was fine to leave off, stated it'll have more power with off as well. I left off last night, very loud on acceleration especially when passing on highway.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the one with the red arrow. I called AFE they said it was fine to leave off, stated it'll have more power with off as well. I left off last night, very loud on acceleration especially when passing on highway.

I haven't removed that plug, but may try it later. Do you know what that plug is for? Is it just an option to leave it open for more flow?

OP
OP
CHRIS CALCIANO
Reaction score
I haven't removed that plug, but may try it later. Do you know what that plug is for? Is it just an option to leave it open for more flow?
That's what the tech from AFE told me, to me it seems like the CAI port, huge difference in sound and power with it in. My only concern was water getting in there. Seems to be sealed pretty good by grill and hood moldings.

BigWaltftw

Reaction score
Intake ordered, can't wait. Ended up paying 386 for it from JC Whitney

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what the tech from AFE told me, to me it seems like the CAI port, huge difference in sound and power with it in. My only concern was water getting in there. Seems to be sealed pretty good by grill and hood moldings.

LOL...i forgot about this thread.

I actually removed that plug and drove a few hundred miles like that. In my opinion, it was a bit louder WOT but not much. I couldn't feel a difference in performance, so I decided to put the plug back in.

OP
OP
CHRIS CALCIANO
Reaction score
LOL...i forgot about this thread.

I actually removed that plug and drove a few hundred miles like that. In my opinion, it was a bit louder WOT but not much. I couldn't feel a difference in performance, so I decided to put the plug back in.

I don't know about you but I am not pleased with the the intake myself. I don't feel much of a difference in power and the loud roar that it creates under light load is very annoying. I think I may out factory intake back in.

I'm loving the Corsa exhaust however!!

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I am not pleased with the the intake myself. I don't feel much of a difference in power and the loud roar that it creates under light load is very annoying. I think I may out factory intake back in.

I'm loving the Corsa exhaust however!!

Just curious... How long have you had/how many miles driven with the CAI installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts