nbs wheels 18-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looking into upgrading wheels on my 97 when it needs tires. looking at doing nbs-nnbs 18-20 wheels but cant decide which size. whill more than likely end up with a 285 wrapped around them
any pictures you may have that could help me make a decision would be appreciated

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Lots of 285 tire options in both the 18 and 20 wheel sizes.
Personal preference makes all the difference...
Personally would go with the 18 over the 20 for the OBS trucks - based on less clearance in factory configuration.

eatsleepdrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the width on the rims??? i just made a late night tire purchase on some 285/50/20 's and I'm thinking my rim width is 8.5....

I was poking around on the internet and it looks like they say it may be too wide for my rim...

Any insight??

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem mounting a 285/50 on a 8.5 wide wheel. IIRC, factory width is 8-8.5 on the NBS wheels. Factory width on the OBS wheels was 6.5-7.

If you're looking to aggressively hang corners, you might want to go with a wider wheel (9-10) to reduce sidewall flex, make your footprint wider, and further improve balance due to wider placement. Just be mindful that the 10" wide wheels will limit your tire selection if you're looking to run tires that are shorter than 33".

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2v2J4r4WmxQKds.jpg 2v2J4r4GTxQKds.jpg 2v2J4rm2LxQKds.jpg My '95 Yukon came with 18x8 late model wheels installed. They look like OEM, fitting completely inside the wheel wells. In fact, I thought they were stock from the photos. I'd recommend them, though I don't know the offset, it's obvious that it's correct because they don't project beyond the wheel wells.