Nbs dash cubby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Not all have the cubby. Some have the traction control switch, and some models have other switches there. Some Tahoes built for sale in other countries even have rear a foglight switch right there. There was a member on here from Norway (Bobas) who sent me his switches to convert to blue LEDs and that rear foglight switch had me a bit stumped for a minute. Lol
Wth lol rear fogs confuse me to begin with.
Actually I remember my 05 silverado had the cubby there. Guess it's just hit and miss then. Maybe only 2wd have the TC switch.
00-02 have on star.
Some have front airbag switch?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where's the write-up that shows how to install this? My 02 has the on-star buttons in place of this.
Step 1 get beer and pull dash bezel, step 2 drink beer and pull onstar/tc/airbag shutoff step 3 drink more and install cubby step 4 finish beer and install bezel step 5 grab another beer and put your cigarettes in newly installed cubby.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wth lol rear fogs confuse me to begin with.
Actually I remember my 05 silverado had the cubby there. Guess it's just hit and miss then. Maybe only 2wd have the TC switch.
00-02 have on star.
Some have front airbag switch?

Well, different years and different models had switches all in that spot. 00-04 pickups all had an airbag shutoff switch in that area. 05-06 had a sensor in the front passenger seat to automatically shut off the airbag if at least a certain weight was sensed in the seat. NONE of the SUV's can airbag shutoff switch since they all have a full back seat, so there no reason for kids to be sitting in the front. 00-03 had the OnStar button there as well, after that the OnStar button is integrated into the rearview mirror. And about the traction control, I'm not sure if only 2wd trucks and SUVs had traction control or not. But I do know that on pre-03 trucks, the traction control button was on the left side above the headlight switch, where the 4x4 switch is usually mounted.
Here's a 02 traction control switch that I installed blue LEDs in for another forum member.

IMG_20170512_154952040.jpg

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Bump.
All funds go into my drop kit savings account.
Help support 05single get low:cheers:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, different years and different models had switches all in that spot. 00-04 pickups all had an airbag shutoff switch in that area. 05-06 had a sensor in the front passenger seat to automatically shut off the airbag if at least a certain weight was sensed in the seat. NONE of the SUV's can airbag shutoff switch since they all have a full back seat, so there no reason for kids to be sitting in the front. 00-03 had the OnStar button there as well, after that the OnStar button is integrated into the rearview mirror. And about the traction control, I'm not sure if only 2wd trucks and SUVs had traction control or not. But I do know that on pre-03 trucks, the traction control button was on the left side above the headlight switch, where the 4x4 switch is usually mounted.
Here's a 02 traction control switch that I installed blue LEDs in for another forum member.

View attachment 185516
Free bump..mine has the traction control button on the left and cubby..got my wideband in place of the cubby hole for now. Didn't know there was a demand for them lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

lexzila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So... excuse me if I'm going off topic.

But are these still available? or have the part #?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subbing to this - you mean extending the wires from the old switch all the way through the steering column to the shifter. Sounds tough but I may be missing something
The switches on the NNBS shifter have resistors built into the shifter itself for shifting the tranny. If you want to use them for something else you'll need to open the shifter and mod it.

Last edited: