navigation questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fg8or

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a factory nav out of my 07 ltz I'd sell pretty cheap. I also might sell my Rosen gm1210 if interested for a bit less than $750. I would post them in the classifieds but I don't have enough posts yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have a factory nav out of my 07 ltz I'd sell pretty cheap. I also might sell my Rosen gm1210 if interested for a bit less than $750. I would post them in the classifieds but I don't have enough posts yet.

Just out of curiosity how do you like the GM1210 and if you sold it what would you consider to be an upgrade from that unit?

Last edited:

Fg8or

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love the gm1210 and not sure what would be better for the money. Selling the burb and putting it back stock is only reason for selling 1210 and factory nav.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I bought my 1210 and then sold my factory Nav on Fleebay for $400 so my upgrade only cost me $350.... I am very happy with it, especially at that price.

Pitterpat

Reaction score
For a bluetooth receiver try this out. No, I'm now spamming told me about this today when I got the oil changed on my new to me 2012 Yukon. I'm ordering tonight from Amazon, should be here on Saturday.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoo...dp/B00MJMV0GU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_txt?ie=UTF8

I've got a 2012 with the factory HDD Navigation option on the stereo unit, it is not compatible with the Rosen unit initially talked about. When you go to the original link toward the bottom of that page it says not compatible.

upload_2017-3-23_18-5-3.png

Scooty

Reaction score
Fg8or the videos I watched on the 1210 said the Bluetooth mic in the unit wasn't very good and said to use an external mic. Was that included with the package? Also the video install showed an antenna mounted on the roof...can /did you use the compartment under the dash by the windshield that the factory unit went ? Thanks for the info.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Fg8or the videos I watched on the 1210 said the Bluetooth mic in the unit wasn't very good and said to use an external mic. Was that included with the package? Also the video install showed an antenna mounted on the roof...can /did you use the compartment under the dash by the windshield that the factory unit went ? Thanks for the info.

I know the question was directed at someone else but I have the same unit...

Yes it comes with an external mic.

Yes I mounted the GPS antenna in the factory location under the dash panel.

Scooty

Reaction score
I know the question was directed at someone else but I have the same unit...

Yes it comes with an external mic.

Yes I mounted the GPS antenna in the factory location under the dash panel.
Thanks kbuskill

Fg8or

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep thanks kbuskill. Answered it all.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its hard to believe but the aftermarket units are worth it. You open so many options. I would never buy an OEM navi that is so out of date with the maps unless you only drive in your own city or county. On top of way more bluetooth abilities, you give yourself other storage options, better screen.

Weaknesses of stock navi units:

1) outdated maps
2) low quality screens (dated for 2007 technology)
3) extremely limited bluetooth and usb abilities (if you lucky to have a 2009+)
4) inability to watch movies or do anything while driving
5) Limited dual zone capabilities

Most people buy additional adapters and such to help but for the 200-400 you will spend for half these options, you might as well get it done right the first time. Its not for everyone but I definitely benefited since I wanted all these options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts