Nav Radio worth effort?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archer04

Reaction score
Well the new stereo is installed and all functions of the radio are working great, still need to do a little work on it to make everything just right by my standards, but will have it done by this weekend. Later this year or early next year I will get the module to allow me to have navigation with the new stereo as well, but that add on is almost more then the radio I bought. Highly recommend that if you do go aftermarket get the adapter modules for your GM/Chevy made installation a breeze. No cutting or splicing wires inside the truck, the radio harness that came with the radio, and the adapter harness was all that I had to solder together and did that from the comfort of my work bench. Then it was just a matter of plugging everything in, and turning it on. Sounds great too.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI....don't count on the vehicle specific instructions from Crutchfield to get you through the process, they suck. I put an aftermarket HU in one of my other vehicles and was not impressed, they're very generic.

Archer04

Reaction score
Oh yes they are very generic, but it did give a good starting point to work from. From there I figured the rest out myself, the radio is fully installed now and functioning perfect. The only issue I have is that I accidentally cut the video cable when I was putting a piece of trim back in the truck after I had tucked the wire under the trim panel. I am now in the search of a new cable, as I dont want to try and go through the hassle of soldering those tiny wires for the video cable back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu