Name That Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on the top of the brake pedal. It's not the brake switch. It makes a loud clicking sound when parked and push the pedal by hand, but not when in Drive (as far as I hear) . But I DO HAVE a single "click" when I apply the brake while driving?!?!? That "click" gets on my nerves! So does the "groan" as the brake pedal comes back up.
This is what I luv about this site...and old body style 2005XL - chrome, steel, glass, no plastic! LOL

WhatIsIt.JPG

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing. I have no idea what it is, but my guess is it's a trigger for the brake lights. I've looked and when it 'clicks' the rear lights up. Just a guess.
If nothing else I can bump this for you.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a motor or something, do you have adjustable pedals? I dont know if that was an option then...

I've got those on my 04 Escalade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SnowBuck

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it IS indeed part of the pedal adjustment. AND, I spread out newspaper and silicon-sprayed all around the pedal while moving it up & down and hit the squeak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic