Mystery Cold Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supergreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 Tahoe, 5.7, 4wd, 100k. The past few weeks it has had a drip of coolant resulting in an area about the size of a paper plate. Does not drip until motor cools off. I took it to local place and they pressure tested it but no leaks. let off pressure and discovered clamp on bottom hose loose enough for seepage when motor not running. Went a few days and leak is back. took it again , kept it overnight and discovered next day clamps on bypass to water pump loose, tightend them and all is well for about 2 days and leak is back. Temp remains normal. Driving me crazy!!! I cannot tell where it is coming from under neath but it collects on harmonic balancer. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated!
Thank you

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Could be the water pump hoses that haven't been tightened, could be the bypass hoses on the water pump, could be the water pump itself (weeping). Those are the only things above the harmonic balancer on the front end....unless things are getting into big money (intake gaskets).

OP
OP
S

supergreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would weeping happen with pressure tester? I did an oil check for intake but will look closer at the front.
Thank you for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak