My review of BlackBear tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of backstory. Took the family on vacation to San Diego last month, on the drive back from San Diego to Phoenix, the Tahoe would, what sounded like backfire when switching from V4 to V8 mode, it sounded like someone was kicking the floorboard, then would go away, as long as it stayed in V8 mode, it ran good. This was driving thru 115*F heat. Got to Phoenix, went to AutoZone and had them scan for codes, nothing. Spent the night in Phoenix, Tahoe ran great the rest of the trip.
Got home, I had a strong belief that the DOD (displacement on demand) was the culprit, decided to shut it off. Ordered tunes from BlackBear, 87 octane tune, turn off DOD, firm up the shifts, then received the tunes by email, after sending them my stock tune and data log, uploaded new tunes with V2 scanner....

WOW! I love the way it runs now!
With stock tune, I would be cruising about 60, stomp on the pedal to pass, it had to go back to V8 mode, downshift, and finally go, after waiting about 2-3 seconds.
New tune, stomp on the gas, it downshifts a lot faster, throws you back in the seat! No more hesitation, BlackBear gave my Tahoe some balls!

PROS:
Turns off DOD
MORE POWER
Fast, quick shifts
Overall, makes it fun to drive.

CONS:
Kids spill their juice due to your heavy right foot.
Wife wants to drive it more now.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I ordered my Autocal on Monday, eagerly awaiting it. How many miles on your Tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf