My journey so far with the new body style Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a creature comfort and dollar standpoint, I am very happy with my LS Suburban. It is far nicer than my prior 08 1LT Suburban and has more equipment on it than the 08 (with the exception of the OEM RSE system).

Our primary use for the Suburban is to haul kid's stuff back and forth to College, take trips and do landfill runs (nothing messy). Before we purchased our Suburban in 16, we were renting a 15 LTZ from Enterprise to take our kid back and forth to school each semester since we had gotten rid of the 08. While the LTZ was very nice (and no buffeting), I cannot believe that the cost difference between a base LS and a fully decked out LTZ or Denali is almost the price of an base LS.

I think I will take that cost difference and help child units 2 and 3 with car purchases when they are close to graduating college (loss leaders here I come).

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're also not the same color. The LT ones are yellow and dim, while the DRLs on the Premier are bright blue LED.

I really do not think the DRL's are yellow and dim on the LT..They seem perfect to me..I can see them bright and very clearly on every vehicle I stop behind..When I pass other Tahoes on the highway the DRL's are bright enough on the LT.

I think people out there on the highway notice the DRL's more on the LT then on the Premier even though the DRL's look nicer on the Premier..Just IMHO.

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really do not think the DRL's are yellow and dim on the LT..They seem perfect to me..I can see them bright and very clearly on every vehicle I stop behind..When I pass other Tahoes on the highway the DRL's are bright enough on the LT.

I think people out there on the highway notice the DRL's more on the LT then on the Premier even though the DRL's look nicer on the Premier..Just IMHO.

We need a side by side picture lol!

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We definitely need some comparison pics or a side by side because I 100% disagree. You can hardly see the LT drls and they're yellow. But that's just what I think apparently lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons