My journey so far with the new body style Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edelbrock231

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We got a 15 Tahoe for same reasons and it was the dealer loaner car. 3050 on clock when we bought it. Lt but with heated leather and bose and navi. The cool one with the sliding display gun pocket. Put hids and leds. Gonna level next month... wife loves it will never even look at anything else got pics of your old 15 leveled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a 15 Tahoe for same reasons and it was the dealer loaner car. 3050 on clock when we bought it. Lt but with heated leather and bose and navi. The cool one with the sliding display gun pocket. Put hids and leds. Gonna level next month... wife loves it will never even look at anything else got pics of your old 15 leveled?

The picture I posted was right after I got it leveled. I'll see if I have a picture of it with the bfgs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only complaint on the LT, it does not come with HID headlights not even as an option. Only the LTZ(premier) which I can't believe GM does this. Other wise the LT is a very nice package. Enjoy.
That really is the only insulting part of the LT package, otherwise IMO it's a much better equipment/price value than the LTZ.

I did an easy 10-minute swap to high performance halogen bulbs in mine, which gave substantial improvement for the $40 I spent. When they burn out, I plan to use one of the LED kits people have reported on here. Retrofitting the actual HID setup seems like a little more cost and effort than it may be worth. IMO.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of funny coming here and seeing this. Tundra guys complain about headlights too. I could see fine with those, and the ones in the Tahoe are better than they were. Seems no matter what they put in, if it's not the best of the best, there will be complaints.

They may seem fine and they are adequate, that is until you drive something with factory hid/led. I feel like I'm driving without lights compared to our 5yr old jeep.

I think GM might be the only company with $50k+ vehicles without factory HID or LED headlights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really is the only insulting part of the LT package, otherwise IMO it's a much better equipment/price value than the LTZ.

I did an easy 10-minute swap to high performance halogen bulbs in mine, which gave substantial improvement for the $40 I spent. When they burn out, I plan to use one of the LED kits people have reported on here. Retrofitting the actual HID setup seems like a little more cost and effort than it may be worth. IMO.
That and I wished they had the same DRL.... That bothers me to no end lol.

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife clicks the light switch over and runs with the drls strips on

Yeah but have you noticed they are not as bright as the ones on the LTZ?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but have you noticed they are not as bright as the ones on the LTZ?

They're also not the same color. The LT ones are yellow and dim, while the DRLs on the Premier are bright blue LED.

Has anyone seen the tests done by IIHS? They found the halogen projectors to be less than adequate, while the HID headlights were indeed impressive.

Congrats on the newer Tahoe. I hope it brings your fam many happy miles :)

bigT63

Reaction score
Nice ride man. I bought a '16 this last October. Hopefully I won't have the issues you had with your '15. What was the build date on that '15 if you recall??

Also, am I the only one who digs the 18" wheels over the 20" & 22"? I'm just not a big fan of big wheels. I also believe the 18" wheels provide a better ride with the taller profile from the tire to rim..

I have had several friends with LTZ's and Denali's and they had nothing but issues galore with all the extra features and ******** GM puts on them. I decided I didn't want all the features as I never used them or turned them off on previous vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094