My journey so far with the new body style Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only complaint on the LT, it does not come with HID headlights not even as an option. Only the LTZ(premier) which I can't believe GM does this. Other wise the LT is a very nice package. Enjoy.

Doesn't the LTZ have the premium bose system compared to the LT, upgraded leather peforated seats, Mag suspension, adapt cruise as well as a few other items?

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the LTZ have the premium bose system compared to the LT, upgraded leather peforated seats, Mag suspension, adapt cruise as well as a few other items?

Yes those would be a few of them. Although I though most LT's came with bose. Our 15 did as well as the new one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 or 2 additional speakers, surround sound, and I believe more pwr but not sure.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only complaint on the LT, it does not come with HID headlights not even as an option. Only the LTZ(premier) which I can't believe GM does this. Other wise the LT is a very nice package. Enjoy.

I thought all Tahoes came with projection head lights like mine did..I think they are awesome..Am I missing something here?

I can actually see where I am going coming back from Key West on poorly lit US-1 late at night in the pouring rain.

OP
OP
affliction4

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all Tahoes came with projection head lights like mine did..I think they are awesome..Am I missing something here?

I can actually see where I am going coming back from Key West on poorly lit US-1 late at night in the pouring rain.
They have projection headlamps but the one he is talking about is true HID, whereas the normal ones just use a standard h11 bulb.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay..Thank you affliction4

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have projection headlamps but the one he is talking about is true HID, whereas the normal ones just use a standard h11 bulb.

Correct. Honestly the halogen projector lamps in the LS, LT and yukon SLE, SLT are horrible compared to most vehicles today. I don't know how GM gets away putting such crappy lighting in a $50k+ vehicle.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Honestly the halogen projector lamps in the LS, LT and yukon SLE, SLT are horrible compared to most vehicles today. I don't know how GM gets away putting such crappy lighting in a $50k+ vehicle.
Kind of funny coming here and seeing this. Tundra guys complain about headlights too. I could see fine with those, and the ones in the Tahoe are better than they were. Seems no matter what they put in, if it's not the best of the best, there will be complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17