My impressions of Yukon after one month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSDunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Because my father has basically lost his vision and can barely walk he gave me his 2003 Yukon SLT

And because he kept it in the garage for 14 years the gorgeous carbon metallic paint is still as glittery and shiny as the day he bought it plus it only has 128,000 miles on it

And since he was the only one that ever used it the inside is immaculate and fully loaded minus the sunroof and CD system in the back. It also came with 17 inch Denali 6 spoke polished aluminum wheels and the Denali mesh grill.

I've had a couple of pretty nice cars through the years but this SLT is easily the best vehicle I've ever owned and for a full sized SUV it's quite impressive how well it handles and how smooth and quiet it is. I never imagined a full-size SUV being so easy to drive

But the thing that is really impressive is the 5.3 and how quick and fast it is. The passing power is unbelievable and when you stomp on it just gets up and goes. I can only imagine what the 6.1 must be like. This is a rig that's so fun to drive that I've spent more money on gasoline the last month than I have in the previous six months combined. I can't wait to get up in the morning to drive it. I'm so bad that between washes I wipe it down every day and clean the inside two or three days a week. Yep I'm completely obsessed with it and there's nothing I can do. I'm past the point of no return

Anyone still feel like this after months and months or even years of owning a Yukon?

What a great truck

Last edited:
OP
OP
GSDunk

GSDunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah a 14 year old vehicle kept in a garage for 17 years? Yep that's the beauty of the edit button thanks for the heads up.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah a 14 year old vehicle kept in a garage for 17 years? Yep that's the beauty of the edit button thanks for the heads up.

I've had my fair share of typo's over the years and I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Glad you like the "new to you" vehicle. Welcome to the forum

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2006 xl denali just over 2 years. And every day getting in it to go to work and what not, still feel the same thrill I did when I took it on the first test drive. I love my truck! You're quite right, they handle incredibly well for a full size suv and are so stinkin comfy. We drove from here to mammoth ski area, which is about a 6 hour drive, in april, in my mom's 2011 grand cherokee limited, and it's no where near as comfy as my Denali, despite being 5 years newer and a little more optioned. Although I have a ton of aftermarket tech upgrades so the comparison there isn't exactly fair. Lol. But my seats are way more comfy. Glad you like your new rig! These hold up incredibly well if proper maintained. And I'm just like you. Washes once a week, and towel it down to take the dust off every 2 or 3 days depending on how windy it is. Haha. But that's the professional detailer in me. lol.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which way this thread was gonna go, but glad to hear that you're happy with your yukon. It's hard not to get obsessed over these platforms (nbs , 99-06)
Definately picked the right forum too, lots of wisdom and wise guys on here.:boti: