My Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ive read through every heated seat thread I could find and still cannot find a solution. When I push the button the light will light for 1 second,...literally 1 second and not stay lit. So I read that the elements in the seats go bad,.. but this is consistent with all 4, back/ass/left /right. I find it difficult to believe that all 4 elements are bad. Usually the problems you see are one ass not working. So where do I begin to look,.. fuses ? Relays ?? Modules ???

BTW.... previous owner installed and aftermarket remote start (Valet). Now I know that some ppl experience issues with heated seats where they will work with remote start but not by the buttons.

Darren12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So Ive read through every heated seat thread I could find and still cannot find a solution. When I push the button the light will light for 1 second,...literally 1 second and not stay lit. So I read that the elements in the seats go bad,.. but this is consistent with all 4, back/ass/left /right. I find it difficult to believe that all 4 elements are bad. Usually the problems you see are one ass not working. So where do I begin to look,.. fuses ? Relays ?? Modules ???

BTW.... previous owner installed and aftermarket remote start (Valet). Now I know that some ppl experience issues with heated seats where they will work with remote start but not by the buttons.

I have the same problem too, I push the heated seat button and the light stays on for a few seconds then turn off or it just turns off right as soon as the list turns on. I think it happens on the passenger side too but I haven't really tested that side either.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you likely have a short, either in or at the harness connector or in the wires under the carpet near the seat, or in the seat heater it's self, it's comes up often on here, check all your wiring & connectors at or near the seat.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I do an Ohms test on the seat elements to check for continuity,..will that at least tell me if the problem is in the seat element.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I do an Ohms test on the seat elements to check for continuity,..will that at least tell me if the problem is in the seat element.
good question, I do not know the answer to that, I usually see people end up taking the covers off and visually inspecting for burnt spots if the problem can't be found anywhere else.

Stam2000

Reaction score
Unplug the elements and try pressing the buttons. If it stays on then the elements went bad, if not then the relay is bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Im willing to bet its just one of the heating elements,you need to check the ohms on the wires.So raise your set as hi as it will go,get an ohm meter and probe the connector- for the lower and upper at the connector.I would have someone sitting in the seat moving around-i had to do that when i found mine.Anything over 5 or 5.5 ohms its junk and needs replacing.Replacing the bottoms is easy the tops a little harder-and tops are more money.I cant stress the importance of pushing the seat or when someone is sitting in it to move around when testing-sometimes it wont show bad unless the burnt wires are touching.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you,..i was wondering if an ohms test would work,..now i know,..thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan