My former 2006 stolen Yukon XL recovered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Idk, people up here are straight 100% retarded dipshits when it comes to politics and political agendas. Then after the fact people complain then it's too late and we all have to ride it out.
I'm moving soon so idgaf, just knocking on wood my tahoe isn't next. My cousin having his messed with at his work in broad daylight hit close to home and has me stressin every time I park my tahoe.
You taking the Hoe with you when you move?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was stolen in Lewisville Texas in 2013. Apparently I'm lucky because it was actually recovered. Rims tires audio dash laptops etc was stolen. They even took the battery when the truck was ditched in south Dallas. Im a firm believer in karma so I know these jack wagons will get what they deserve.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
You taking the Hoe with you when you move?
Nope, gonna sell it before i move. I realized I'm not the suv type. Tried it but i miss having a pickup more. Either back into a nbs silverado or a newer ram.
Or another 3rd gen Dakota but with a transplant.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Mine was stolen in Lewisville Texas in 2013. Apparently I'm lucky because it was actually recovered. Rims tires audio dash laptops etc was stolen. They even took the battery when the truck was ditched in south Dallas. Im a firm believer in karma so I know these jack wagons will get what they deserve.
The feeling of being violated is almost unbearable. Just drowning in hate and disgust. I've had both my trucks and house broken into and things missing. Never had a vehicle stolen tho.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The feeling of being violated is almost unbearable. Just drowning in hate and disgust. I've had both my trucks and house broken into and things missing. Never had a vehicle stolen tho.

That feeling is definitely real and it's hard to shake. I almost traded my hoe in when I got it back from the impound. Y'all would probably shoot me if I confessed to what the trade was gonna be for too. So I'll spare the details. lol

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that I have never had a vehicle stolen. I've had quite a few break ins, and a few theft attempts as well. My very first vehicle was broken into and had the radio stolen when I was 18. Ever since then, I always wanted to make sure that my vehicles were protected. Car theft is HUGE in the New Orleans area (where I grew up) so I not only had an alarm system with a starter disable, but I also had a steering column lock as well. It's a THICK steel collar that locks around the steering column to prevent the column from being broken open and the ignition switch mechanism easily accessible. Then one time I had someone break into my car, steal my radio, AND try to break the column and start it. Then on my next car, I not only had an alarm and a column lock, but I also had a removable steering wheel. I never had a theft attempt on that car, but it was broken into once, and at least two other break in attempts that I know of, I think the alarm scared them off.
On my Burban I have now, I have a two way alarm with a starter disable, plus I have a separate hidden IGN kill switch. I also have a secret unlock system that is basically a magnetic switch. I have a magnet hidden under my truck, and I can take that magnet and pass it over the magnetic switch and it will unlock the doors. I'm not saying where I mounted that magnetic switch, but I am the only one who knows the EXACT spot that I need to wave the magnet over it to unlock the doors.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that I have never had a vehicle stolen. I've had quite a few break ins, and a few theft attempts as well. My very first vehicle was broken into and had the radio stolen when I was 18. Ever since then, I always wanted to make sure that my vehicles were protected. Car theft is HUGE in the New Orleans area (where I grew up) so I not only had an alarm system with a starter disable, but I also had a steering column lock as well. It's a THICK steel collar that locks around the steering column to prevent the column from being broken open and the ignition switch mechanism easily accessible. Then one time I had someone break into my car, steal my radio, AND try to break the column and start it. Then on my next car, I not only had an alarm and a column lock, but I also had a removable steering wheel. I never had a theft attempt on that car, but it was broken into once, and at least two other break in attempts that I know of, I think the alarm scared them off.
On my Burban I have now, I have a two way alarm with a starter disable, plus I have a separate hidden IGN kill switch. I also have a secret unlock system that is basically a magnetic switch. I have a magnet hidden under my truck, and I can take that magnet and pass it over the magnetic switch and it will unlock the doors. I'm not saying where I mounted that magnetic switch, but I am the only one who knows the EXACT spot that I need to wave the magnet over it to unlock the doors.
Do you have to wave the magnet every time you want to unlock the doors? Or is it an extra that you can use when needed?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to wave the magnet every time you want to unlock the doors? Or is it an extra that you can use when needed?

It's an extra thing, I still use my alarm remote to lock and unlock the doors, and I can still use the power lock switch if I want as well. I honestly have only ever used it two or three times and that was just to test it out. I mainly did it for an emergency in case I ever locked myself out. The way it works, it triggers the factory unlocked relays just like my alarm system does. I can't lock the doors with the magnet, only unlock them though.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what’s fun... having your hoe stolen. Having to replace the ignition lock cylinder and then losing the key to the door just before your battery decides to shit out on you rendering your fob useless.

That was a fun day... learned myself how to re-key the door lock real quick after that. Had to break into my engine bay to throw a jump box on just to unlock the doors to get in. Luckily it’s not a real troublesome task with these lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts