My former 2006 stolen Yukon XL recovered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Friday night there is a call on my answering machine from Hamilton Police Service. They have found my now former truck, and as they predicted in January it is on the reserve in Oshweken. My truck along with 15 others were recovered from a property on the Third Line this past Thursday and Friday. They destroyed a vehicle for 4 wheels, a spare tire and a rad. Today I got my plates and few things the thieves left behind. The yard where my vehicle was towed on the reserve, is full of 2006 and older Silverado, Sierras, Yukon, Yukon XL, Tahoe, Suburban, and a few Hummers. Mine was less destroyed than others, some have been rolled or worse.

View attachment 84326

View attachment 84327

View attachment 84328

View attachment 84329

View attachment 84330
Dude. WE are from the same area. I don't take my truck any where in that area. I use to go to the races on the reservation in Oshweken But would never take any of my vehicles for that that reason. Any thing in our area goes missing is it usually turns up there !!!
Sorry to hear about it !
You replacing it with another one ?

OP
OP

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude. WE are from the same area. I don't take my truck any where in that area. I use to go to the races on the reservation in Oshweken But would never take any of my vehicles for that that reason. Any thing in our area goes missing is it usually turns up there !!!
Sorry to hear about it !
You replacing it with another one ?
Turns out mine was one of 75 vehicles recovered on the reserve last Thursday in a joint OPP, Hamilton, Halton, Brantford and Six Nations police force operation. It was towed to the tow yard beside the Speedway. Insurance company said they were going to remove it ASAP.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Turns out mind was one of 75 vehicles recovered on the reserve last Thursday in a joint OPP, Hamilton, Halton, Brantford and Six Nations police force operation. It was towed to the tow yard beside the Speedway. Insurance company said they were going to remove it ASAP.
Surprised six nations police got involved! Good thing it's all over. Hope there wasn't anything important inside when it went missing

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I reckon nobody was around when the horn and lights went off? How'd they get it to start even after smashing the ignition?

Years ago, I had several cars that every thief dreamed about. We had fuel pump switches and ignition switches hidden inside the interior because the columns were so easily broken. Over the years, all of the cars had had multiple theft attempts but none made it more than a 1/4 mile from home.

OP
OP

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking around the damaged hood that was prayed open I assume they removed the h
Well, I reckon nobody was around when the horn and lights went off? How'd they get it to start even after smashing the ignition?

Years ago, I had several cars that every thief dreamed about. We had fuel pump switches and ignition switches hidden inside the interior because the columns were so easily broken. Over the years, all of the cars had had multiple theft attempts but none made it more than a 1/4 mile from home.
We never heard anything but I suspect due to hood damage that they pried open the hood and accessed the fuse block under the hood disabling the horn before entering the interior of the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC